Tribute to Larry Shelby (cclarry)

Tap…tap…tap… I’m a bit disappointed that this topic was moved out of the deals section. I was hoping it could remain there as a tribute. I’m just wondering how many people from the deals section frequent this part of the forum?

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Tap…tap…tap… I’m a bit disappointed that this topic was moved out of the deals section. I was hoping it could remain there as a tribute. I’m just wondering how many people from the deals section frequent this part of the forum?

It was probably an honest mistake, I think you should start it/another again in the 'Deals' forum. Larry deserves nothing less than the tribute in 'his' forum. 

8 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Someone is paying to keep the lights on here and when it's you then by all means complain. Otherwise please consider how much acrimonious whining and complaining actually incentivizes someone providing a free service to keep providing it.  

Stating my recent experience in response to someone who seemed to question whether it was true that the forum has being going down a lot of late is neither  acrimonious whining or complaining, just a factual observation.

Be careful that you don't hurt yourself when you get down from your high horse. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Artie Choke said:

It was probably an honest mistake, I think you should start it/another again in the 'Deals' forum. Larry deserves nothing less than the tribute in 'his' forum. 

I don't want to risk getting banned.  If Wookiee wants to move it back, Wookiee would do so.  I'm still disappointed.  I am only guessing it was Wookiee as I don't know anyone else that can do that?

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

I don't want to risk getting banned.  If Wookiee wants to move it back, Wookiee would do so.  I'm still disappointed.  I am only guessing it was Wookiee as I don't know anyone else that can do that?

lol, you should go on some games show, you'd be a straight out winner 😁

Do it for Larry, make a stand, hang the consequences, this is Larry we are talking about.

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Not likely that there were 100 people all trying to post or fetch a post at the same time in the wee hours of the morning.

As I regularly say to the bar tender - it's always 6pm somewhere.  

16 minutes ago, Artie Choke said:

lol, you should go on some games show, you'd be a straight out winner 😁

Do it for Larry, make a stand, hang the consequences, this is Larry we are talking about.

Someone pointed out in a thread that was deleted that Larry may have been banned, but Wookiee said that wasn't true.

I think it's because he has to have his posts pre-approved before they would actually become visible, and that pissed him off

Edited by Artie Choke

I was only joking with you about reposting, I believe your thoughts on the outcome if you did may well be correct, I didn't think you would go for it.

34 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yes as it was myself, as it was not a "Deal" or deal related irrelevant of content, it was also not appropriate for the Songs forum, consequently it went to the most appropriate forum. There are several other moderators, spread around the globe, and Admin, that could have also moved it.

17 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Someone pointed out in a thread that was deleted that Larry may have been banned, but Wookiee said that wasn't true.

Incorrect CClarry has not been banned or suspended. The reasons for his disappearance are as much a mystery to me as to all who are speculating. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wookiee said:

Incorrect CClarry has not been banned or suspended. The reasons for his disappearance are as much a mystery to me as to all who are speculating. 

What's the reason the thread was deleted or maybe I lost it?

5 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Yes as it was myself, as it was not a "Deal" or deal related irrelevant of content, it was also not appropriate for the Songs forum, consequently it went to the most appropriate forum. There are several other moderators, spread around the globe, and Admin, that could have also moved it.

So, if I made a Tribute Plugin with cclarry's name on it, what would be the appropriate next step to be approved for the deals section?  Can free plugins be added to the deals section or do I need to sell it to be able to put it in the deals section?

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Well that's new to me.

Is that hearsay or legit?

Well. I believe it came from the man himself.

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

So, if I made a Tribute Plugin with cclarry's name on it, what would be the appropriate next step to be approved for the deals section?  Can free plugins be added to the deals section or do I need to sell it to be able to put it in the deals section?

If you felt the need to make an audio or MIDI plugin the you called CClarry, there is no reason why it could not be given away free here, direct selling is not permited.

There is a sticky at the top which give quite clear rules of what is and is not acceptable in the deals forum.

• Like 1