Tribute to Larry Shelby (cclarry)

Hahaha. Nice.

Not many of us have had songs written about us.

I did a google search to see if he had other places he posts online. Found one called soundbetter. Seems to be one of those artist promotion sites he's a member of. Asked him if he was going to be online elsewhere. Haven't heard back unfortunately.

Hope he finds an outlet for all that incredible energy to help us all with our GAS. I'd still follow.

Edited by Rational
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

21 minutes ago, Rational said:

Hahaha. Nice.

Not many of us have had songs written about us.

I did a google search to see if he had other places he posts online. Found one called soundbetter. Seems to be one of those artist promotion sites he's a member of. Asked him if he was going to be online elsewhere. Haven't heard back unfortunately.

Hope he finds an outlet for all that incredible energy to help us all with our GAS. I'd still follow.

I've found many articles, but how can I trust if those are him or not.

I've seen the article about a Larry C. Shelby and a wife named Karen?

On a Facebook page, he lists he's single and no wife.

On the supposed Facebook page he appears to be posting every hour... Probably most likely automated, since it's on the hour, every hour.

I don't have Facebook, so I can't investigate any further.

Who really knows?

• Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1

58 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Is everyone moving to KVR?  Cause the Cakewalk forums seems to be going down allot.

No, but Larry is in the process of starting Larryland :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

JMO: Given the public posts here over the past several weeks (prior to the "disappearance"), this should not come to a surprise to anyone who reads forum posts on a regular basis.  The initial seeds for this were discussed out in the open. 

6 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I've found many articles, but how can I trust if those are him or not.

JMO: Using this forum to publicly try to track down specific people like you have done should be against the rules if its not already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Is everyone moving to KVR?  Cause the Cakewalk forums seems to be going down allot.

Is it?  There are many parts to this forum. 

Compared to some forums we've abused Deals.  It's become our sewing circle.   If we want to be heard our soapbox is the deals section.  That's why this is in the proper place.  Many are guests and don't even use legacy Cakewalk/Bandlab software.  There is a lot more freedom at forums not hosted by a developer.

Some of us will not be part of the future where Bandlab is headed. 

Right now I have no concept of what it is to use DAW software as opposed to being on forums.  

Check out the rest of the forums.

• Like 1

You did a GREAT job with the song!!  Thanks for doing it.  I hope there's a way Larry can hear it so he can see how much love and support he has here.

I don't know what happened with Larry, but I hope things can get worked out.  He was already a legend on this forum when I joined, which was probably around 15 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Cause the Cakewalk forums seems to be going down allot.

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Is it?  There are many parts to this forum.

Yes.

I've been getting Error 500 messages for most of the last two days and that's by no means the first time in recent weeks that it is not possible to access it for hours at time. Other users have reported the same thing.  I have zero idea how these things work, but it seems to me that something has been changed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, paulo said:

Yes.

I've been getting Error 500 messages for most of the last two days and that's by no means the first time in recent weeks that it is not possible to access it for hours at time. Other users have reported the same thing.  I have zero idea how these things work, but it seems to me that something has been changed.

This.

its taken me nearly an hour to get this far.

J

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paulo said:

Yes.

Meh...
This isn't the 1st time, nor the 2nd or even 3rd time this has happened and will no doubt happen again at some point.
Since I don't pay a subscription fee to access this forum nor am I blasted by ads when I do - I chill out, STFU and just try back later as the outages never really last that long.

Someone is paying to keep the lights on here and when it's you then by all means complain. Otherwise please consider how much acrimonious whining and complaining actually incentivizes someone providing a free service to keep providing it.  

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 4
  • Meh 1

7 hours ago, paulo said:

It was so bad in the wee hours this morning that I started wondering if somehow it was getting knob-twisted by a spammer or DoS'd by whomever.

I looked up the "too many connections" error and it seems to be a MySQL thing. Happens when it hits 100 connections. I don't know if that translates into 100 simultaneous users or some condition where the forum software would be making too many connections due to misconfiguration. Not likely that there were 100 people all trying to post or fetch a post at the same time in the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Meh...
This isn't the 1st time, nor the 2nd or even 3rd time this has happened and will no doubt happen again at some point.
Since I don't pay a subscription fee to access this forum nor am I blasted by ads when I do - I chill out, STFU and just try back later as the outages never really last that long.

Someone is paying to keep the lights on here and when it's you then by all means complain. Otherwise please consider how much acrimonious whining and complaining actually incentivizes someone providing a free service to keep providing it.  

Point to a location for the one time donation.  I don't mind donating to help this part of the forums.

11 hours ago, jude77 said:

You did a GREAT job with the song!!  Thanks for doing it.  I hope there's a way Larry can hear it so he can see how much love and support he has here.

I don't know what happened with Larry, but I hope things can get worked out.  He was already a legend on this forum when I joined, which was probably around 15 years ago.

Thank you.

I am hoping the reason cclarry left it isn't because of my hate against Plugin Boutique?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

JMO: Using this forum to publicly try to track down specific people like you have done should be against the rules if its not already.

cclarry is consistently reliable in maintaining his posting schedule and always informs someone here if he plans to be away. Given this, I felt it necessary to do some thoughtful research out of concern for his well-being, in case something unforeseen has happened to him and he needs assistance. I trust that each of us would do the same for one another in such a situation.

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

Ah, so that's why he's been MIA—busy laying the foundation for his own amusement park! Can't wait to see what rides Larryland has to offer. I bet the rollercoaster of daily posts will be a wild one!

• Haha 4

• GTsongwriter changed the title to Tribute to Larry Shelby (cclarry)
10 hours ago, paulo said:

getting Error 500 messages for most of the last two days

Yep

10 hours ago, paulo said:

something has been changed.

It would stand to reason, yes.

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I chill out, STFU and just try back later as the outages never really last that long.

Yep.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I am hoping the reason cclarry left it isn't because of my hate against Plugin Boutique?

Don't worry about that. Larry ain't worried about that for sure!!

The song is a nice tribute to a mna that has helped all of us out at one time or another. He may come back after a while. You never know.

Until then, we need to just move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grem said:

The song is a nice tribute to a mna that has helped all of us out at one time or another. He may come back after a while. You never know.

Until then, we need to just move on.

Ah, MNA—the elusive Master of Ninja Arts! Word on the street is he’s infiltrating the world of audio production, hunting down the rarest plugins. When he’s back, our mixes will never be the same!

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1