IK Multimedia : SampleTank 4 MAX v2 $49.99 @ PluginBoutique

MusicMan

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, $50 seems to be What SampleTank 4 MAX Goes For these days.

So useful. It's become a staple, go-to around these parts.

For Syntronik and SampleTron alone it's worth the price (but of course it comes with so much more). SampleTron includes libraries from antique samplers other than just the Mellotron (like the Optigan), and also includes all the seldom heard oddball sound effects and loops that came in the libraries.

Of all the vintage synth emulations I have in my plug-in library (which includes a couple of versions of Analog Lab Lite), I find myself reaching for Syntronik when I want a vintage synth sound (although Cherry Audio's DC-106 is my Juno 106 go-to).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Dang, $50 seems to be What SampleTank 4 MAX Goes For these days.

So useful. It's become a staple, go-to around these parts.

For Syntronik and SampleTron alone it's worth the price (but of course it comes with so much more). SampleTron includes libraries from antique samplers other than just the Mellotron (like the Optigan), and also includes all the seldom heard oddball sound effects and loops that came in the libraries.

Of all the vintage synth emulations I have in my plug-in library (which includes a couple of versions of Analog Lab Lite), I find myself reaching for Syntronik when I want a vintage synth sound (although Cherry Audio's DC-106 is my Juno 106 go-to).

Really great value and so diverse in what it includes. I wouldn't say it's a complete allrounder for me, as the Lead Synths I often don't like as much and more frequently pass over. Some amazing pads and SampleTron is brilliant. Some great effects too. I paid more for Syntronik Deluxe V1 alone. That did net me almost everything IK had in a group buy, so I don't feel like it was a bad deal either, but group buys aside, hard to complain about the price of this!

• Like 1

What do you think: is it worth paying $42 to upgrade my SampleTank 3 MAX?

OR: Is it worth paying ~$167 for Total Studio 4 MAX, which includes ToneX MAX (new for me), and would also upgrade my Modo Drum from 1 to 1.5, Modo Bass from 1 to 2, and AmpliTube MAX from 4 to 5, in addition to getting SampleTank 4 MAX? I already have most of the Syntronik stuff from a group buy and the old content from TS 2 MAX.

Bought separately, ToneX CS and ST4 MAX are currently about $80 in total, so that leaves $87 for the other upgrades.

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Is it time to address the elephant in the room....?

Umm, SampleTank's UI is kind of dark, and dopey looking guys prefer UI's that look blurry and out of focus?

Or what?

I can tell you that I find the SampleTank UI (and user experience in general) to be more attractive (and easier to get around in) than the holy Kontakt. I have some Kontakt instruments that I really like, but every time I start up the Kontakt Player plug-in, I have to get a whole bunch of EZ screen crap out of the way before I get it to display the view I want.

Of the sampler/sample player plug-ins on the market, I probably like Soundpaint's UI the best. Kontakt is about even with sforzando as far as being clunky and confusing. SampleTank is behind Soundpaint, but ahead of MSoundFactory, with sforzando and Kontakt on hind teat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

is it worth paying $42 to upgrade my SampleTank 3 MAX?

Probably not, if you have all the content you want from SampleTank 3 MAX.

Look and see what instruments/packages it comes with, compare it to what you have. The engine itself is a free upgrade, of course. SampleTank 3 used to be really crashy, wouldn't last very long in Cakewalk, but 4 is much more stable.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

What do you think: is it worth paying $42 to upgrade my SampleTank 3 MAX?

OR: Is it worth paying ~$167 for Total Studio 4 MAX, which includes ToneX MAX (new for me), and would also upgrade my Modo Drum from 1 to 1.5, Modo Bass from 1 to 2, and AmpliTube MAX from 4 to 5, in addition to getting SampleTank 4 MAX? I already have most of the Syntronik stuff from a group buy and the old content from TS 2 MAX.

Bought separately, ToneX CS and ST4 MAX are currently about $80 in total, so that leaves $87 for the other upgrades.

It's hard to say sometimes, but given IK has no real love for existing customers, I'd probably hold out for Total Studio 5 Max instead of considering TS4Max.

You're likely to be able to buy it at the same price a new customer could (give or take a few dollars), but I'd imagine it would include at least the next version of T-Racks which probably will include new plugins and potential new versions of some of the other included suites.

There is a risk they could put the price up, but given sample libraries seem to be dropping quite a lot in price and that's a significant part of their offerings, I can't imagine them holding the higher price for long, as there are so many alternatives.

A bit of speculation there until we see it, but I'm in a similar situation as you and I'm waiting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DamienF said:

And now you don't have to download everything within the six months following the purchase. 

I thought they changed that.

When I buy something I download and archive right away.  

Jam points are IK's loyalty system with is 30% off if you have enough.  It also works on their hardware.

Edited by Paul Young

12 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I thought they changed that.

They did. That's why Damien said "now you don't have to download everything within the six months following the purchase."

Unless you thought they changed it back, which I don't think they did....

• Like 1