Brainworx bx_aura

Marc Cormier

Yes, it's another reverb.  But I asked myself "What would Larry want me to do?  The question now is whether Bapu installed before I did. 

Get a great deal on the brand-new Brainworx bx_aura

Brainworx bx_aura is the new standard for creative reverbs, featuring five distinct algorithms packed with intuitive parameters for unparalleled creativity, flexibility, and control. For producers looking to create the perfect atmosphere and sound artists exploring sonic frontiers, bx_aura delivers a new world of reverbs.

Your upgrade price is $19.99  (MSRP $99)

Save now

Claiming your special pricing:

Log into your Plugin Alliance account for this address, your special pricing will be shown automatically on the Brainworx bx_aura product page

I miss Larry.

PS - NO idea what I have that gave me the upgrade pricing. In fact, I have no idea what PA plugins I have any more!!!!!!!

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 4

Lately I have the impression that PA (bx) makes a redo of all its plugins with this new kind of look without any fundamental changes. The only difference is the gui and the fact that the plugins use more resources! And they expect me to pay for it! Meh!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jngnz said:

bx_rooms, which I don't own because it's awful

I remember reading somewhere that bx_rooms can be quite good; you just have to consider it a special FX reverb rather than a room simulator (as the name would imply).

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I still think ReverbShaper by Cableguys to be a better Reverb plugin.  You can also import impulse responses into ReverbShaper!

ReverbShaper also has multi-band capabilities.  Does bx_aura do that?

I bought Shaperbox bundle, but all I should have bought was just ReverbShaper as it's the most used tool out of all my thousands of plugins!

ReverbShaper is the last tool for reverb that you'll ever need (unless they create a way to do something different that no other reverb plugin had yet to do).  ReverbShaper is the master of all reverb tools!

$39

https://www.cableguys.com/reverbshaper

You can even draw a custom ducking curve and trigger it from transients.

Immerse your sounds in 127 fantastically diverse reverbs, from lush rooms and halls to shimmering vintage plates, epic ambiences, old-school spring units, and classic gated 'verbs.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Have you tried this? I'm not short of reverbs by any stretch of the imagination, and this is very nice, I wasn't confident that I would like it or that it would suit my uses, I purchased it without demoing and don't regret it one bit. Regarding your questions, no and no, for me the multiband can be achieved inside my DAW which cannot be named if desired, but loading IR's no.

45 minutes ago, Artie Choke said:

Have you tried this? I'm not short of reverbs by any stretch of the imagination, and this is very nice, I wasn't confident that I would like it or that it would suit my uses, I purchased it without demoing and don't regret it one bit. Regarding your questions, no and no, for me the multiband can be achieved inside my DAW which cannot be named if desired, but loading IR's no.

Yeah, I just learned it doesn't use IRs and it's totally using just mathematics. 

Also... When I logged into Plugin Alliance I read this:

As a registered owner of the bx_oberhausen, you can get the bx_aura for $49.99.

On 8/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, Release said:

I'm really liking this one.  It was 19 bucks for the upgrade so I went ahead after playing with it for a bit.  Another reverb won't hurt.

Yeah... Even with my discount at $49... It's pretty steep for a reverb effect, when I'm getting hands down the best from ReverbShaper. Plus, with inflation, I'm looking to for a real deal   I'll wait till it drops in price.

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I still think ReverbShaper by Cableguys to be a better Reverb plugin.  You can also import impulse responses into ReverbShaper!

ReverbShaper also has multi-band capabilities.  Does bx_aura do that?

I bought Shaperbox bundle, but all I should have bought was just ReverbShaper as it's the most used tool out of all my thousands of plugins!

ReverbShaper is the last tool for reverb that you'll ever need (unless they create a way to do something different that no other reverb plugin had yet to do).  ReverbShaper is the master of all reverb tools!

$39

https://www.cableguys.com/reverbshaper

You can even draw a custom ducking curve and trigger it from transients.

Immerse your sounds in 127 fantastically diverse reverbs, from lush rooms and halls to shimmering vintage plates, epic ambiences, old-school spring units, and classic gated 'verbs.

Shaperbox is just amazing and can do sooooo much.  I've barely scratched the surface and I'm still astounded at what's possible every time I dig a little deeper.  But yea, the reverb is amazing.  And the whole package, wow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Release said:

Shaperbox is just amazing and can do sooooo much.  I've barely scratched the surface and I'm still astounded at what's possible every time I dig a little deeper.  But yea, the reverb is amazing.  And the whole package, wow.

I think I love ReverbShaper because of how easy it is compared to the rest of the package.  There's a large learning curve with the other Shapers compared to ReverbShaper.  I rarely dig out the other Shapers because I've got other better ways to accomplish those tasks with less headache.

• Like 1