Dreamtonics Releases Vocoflex PLUS Get 20% OFF on ALL PRODUCTS until August 6th, 2024.

ZincT

Vocoflex Launch link:

https://dreamtonics.com/announcing-the-release-of-vocoflex-new-bundles/

The store now includes Synthesizer V Studio and Vocoflex bundles, as well as the usual single voices, all for 20% discount. 

Might be a good time to grab a few voicebanks, although Vocoflex seems pretty expensive!

https://store.dreamtonics.com/

NOTE: Anyone considering buying Vocoflex, I would strongly urge you to read this thread first!

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not going to spend $160 on this. I bought the Synth V Pro + 4 voices bundle for a little over $450. If I don't get an extra discount for topping that up to the Synth V + 4 voices bundle + Vocoflex bundle, I'll wait for a better deal. If one never comes along? Then neeeeever mind.

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, John Maar said:

I'm not going to spend $160 on this. I bought the Synth V Pro + 4 voices bundle for a little over $450. If I don't get an extra discount for topping that up to the Synth V + 4 voices bundle + Vocoflex bundle, I'll wait for a better deal. If one never comes along? Then neeeeever mind.

Ditto! For one thing I don't need Vocoflex, and I would also like an extra discount for being an early adopter and buying many of their VBs already. 

Edited by ZincT
correction
  • Like 1

For those (like me, until moments ago) who don't have Synth V yet and we're maybe waiting for something like the 2023 NAMM 30% discount territory:

The Synth V Pro plus one voice bank adds the usual small discount to the 20%, so, e.g., Synth V + Solaria is less than $120. (In USD, pre-tax; the final blow to your wallet may vary.)

DANGER DANGER DANGER WILL RODGERS

I just read the following post on the Band in a Box forum in a thread about AI generated voices that included a couple of mentions of VocoFlex.

"I purchased, received a license and then received an email directing me to a site that asked for a copy of an official government issued ID before I am able to download the product that I paid for. Since you also have payment information, this violates many US and California consumer protection laws. As you are not an agency of the US Government, State of California, an airline or one of my medical care providers, this is absolutely unacceptable. I have filled out the form at https://www.complycube.com/. The next step is to file complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs and my credit card company. You are not allowed to do that here."

Here's the full post: Consumer privacy protection complaint re VocoFlex

So, my decision to wait has been significantly reinforced.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, John Maar said:

I just read the following post on the Band in a Box forum in a thread about AI generated voices that included a couple of mentions of VocoFlex.

"I purchased, received a license and then received an email directing me to a site that asked for a copy of an official government issued ID before I am able to download the product that I paid for. Since you also have payment information, this violates many US and California consumer protection laws. As you are not an agency of the US Government, State of California, an airline or one of my medical care providers, this is absolutely unacceptable. I have filled out the form at https://www.complycube.com/. The next step is to file complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs and my credit card company. You are not allowed to do that here."

That's why I added the note at the end of my first post last night and I recommend people read that link as well.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does this have any bearing on Synth V Pro and the voice packs? They don't go through this trouble do they?

14 minutes ago, Artie Choke said:

Does this have any bearing on Synth V Pro and the voice packs? They don't go through this trouble do they?

No, I think it only applies when you buy Vocoflex.

I read the thread that the OP links to in his post.  Gee, Vocoflex's request for ID'ing users seems reasonable to me.   I don't have any problem sending a copy of my passport and driver's license to people I don't know.   I think I'll include my social security number for good measure.  Oh, my goodness!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Artie Choke said:

I don't think so. The thing with Vocoflex is that it's a voice-morphing tool - it's technically possible to do bad things with it. As the outputs are (supposedly) watermarked, Dreamtonics could trace unethical usage back to the original purchaser when combined with KYC (i.e. the additional documentation).

With their other products, the vocal characteristics aren't as malleable and so there's much less risk of malicious usage.

23 hours ago, John Maar said:

12 hours after I wrote this, I finally remembered that it's Will Robinson. ?

danger-will-robinson-lost-in-space.gif

• Haha 3