Convert Regions to New Sampler Track

Hello,

I'm trying to find the Cakewalk equivalent of Logic "Convert Regions to New Sampler Track" function.
Which basically let's you select a bunch of chopped vocals into a new instrument so when you smash the keys on your midi controller, the vocals chops play instead of the actual notes.
I can't find a way to do this in Cakewalk, if anyone has an idea, please let me know.

17 hours ago, Ælleden said:

Hello,

I'm trying to find the Cakewalk equivalent of Logic "Convert Regions to New Sampler Track" function.
Which basically let's you select a bunch of chopped vocals into a new instrument so when you smash the keys on your midi controller, the vocals chops play instead of the actual notes.
I can't find a way to do this in Cakewalk, if anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Do you have any older versions of Cakewalk programs that included the DropZone sample player? That does what you want. I don't think Cakewalk by Bandlab has a sampler/player. Don't know about Sonar or Cakewalk Next.

Sonar (latest version) has the XSampler available as an instrument plugin, but at this time, can only load one sample at a time.
^^^ DropZone was available, but IIRC it was 32bit, and may crash later versions of CbB, and could only load two elements.

There is also the old-skool way of just flying the pieces into a new track with copy/paste... the way we all did it back in the days of tape machines.

I do what you are requesting all the time using Kontakt (full version) and have gotten really fast at it.

There are some other samplers out there that are lo-cost or free if you look.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 1