Production Expert

Bill Phillips

Question

Does anyone else use the Production Expert website for recording and mixing advice? I do and received an email from them asking me to tell my friends about the site.

I subscribe to there email list and receive more or less daily emails with each addressing a single topic. On Saturdays, they feature a free plugin that, unless they are repeats, I often haven't seen elsewhere. Some of the plugin offers may be exclusive to Production Expert. 

Became all the "experts" use Protools, DAW specific emails are almost always about Protools. But most address common recording and mixing techniques and issues, or specific plugins which I find useful to me. 

4 answers to this question

i am on their blogs almost daily via the newsletter. even though it's a PT and UK focus on a lot of stuff, i find a lot of useful information on products, techniques, etc is there and sometimes a new plugin to explore as well.

• Thanks 1

I go there infrequently. It used to be called "Pro Tools Expert," hence the residual focus on PT.

They had one of the earlier lists of freeware plug-ins, so I found them early in my DAW journey and looted their list. Due to the PT focus, many of them were AAX or RTAS only, but there were still enough that were available in VST2 form.

I don't check it out much these days, I've found sources of expertise that I prefer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1