FREE Theme for Melda Plugins

mibby

Picked up Oasis last week; super easy to install** and select; fun colors!  ? 

**CLARIFICATION:  See John Maar's post and the discussion of where to put Oasis. 

Edited by User 905133
to reference the folder which works for the Oasis mstyle file
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Picked up Oasis last week; super easy to install and select; fun colors!  ? 

I don't know about you, but the install wasn't easy for me, because why? I tried to follow the installation instructions in the ReadMe file, that's why. Those instructions tell you to put the Oasis theme file in the MTexturedStyles folder in [user] | AppData | Roaming | MeldaProduction. The folder does not exist there. The correct path, at least for v17, is ProgramData | MeldaProduction. That's where I found the MTexturedStyles folder with all of the styles provided by Melda. I copied the Oasis styles file to that folder, and the Melda plugins found it no problem.

EDIT: v17.0 isn't doing a good job of remembering the Default style after selecting something different than the factory default "Neon" style and clicking on "Save as default style". Irritating. I'm going to have to do some testing. Note that this also seems to be a problem if you select any other style and save it as the default. When I first instantiate a Melda plugin, it comes up in the Neon style. When I click on the Settings button, the plugin switches to the desired (saved) style. If I can't find something in the .INI file, I'll post a bug report to Melda.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Maar said:

I don't know about you, but the install wasn't easy for me, because why?  I tried to follow the installation instructions in the ReadMe file, that's why. 

Thanks for reporting your experiences.  Before I even looked at the Readme file, I saw this from a post in Melda's KVR thread:  "I copied it into C:\ProgramData\MeldaProduction\MTexturedStyles. "  As you noted above, that's where it works.  So, the installation was only easy for me thanks to that post.  

BTW, I did not set sT Oasis as the default in large part because some of the locked-in default colors are bad for a set of my personal presets.

• Like 1