Glitching and Stuttering Audio Playback SOLVED

smckee

Question

Hi all, just wanting to post my findings re a solve for a problem, that might help someone else out:

Cakewalk was glitching and stuttering randomly on playback, and I traced it to an FX plugin, but the weird part is, it only does this when the plugin is turned OFF in the FX bin. I can bypass the effect on the plugin itself with no problems. Turning off 'Always Stream Through FX' in preferences makes no difference. This was tricky to trace, as I assumed that turning off the FX in the bin would fully bypass them, and thus reveal any problems they might be causing. It never occurred to me that turning OFF the effect WAS the problem.   (The plugin: Soundtoys 'EchoBoy')

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Is this the latest release? EchoBoy had a problem with a vst3 release a while back and people were using a beta version. In the last month or two they did a new release. I haven't tried it turn off.

On 7/28/2024 at 10:16 AM, rsinger said:

Is this the latest release? EchoBoy had a problem with a vst3 release a while back and people were using a beta version. In the last month or two they did a new release. I haven't tried it turn off.

Thanks rsinger!  The Soundtoys 5.4.3 update fixed the problem.