StudioOne thread vanished (not a deal)

fjz

25 minutes ago, paulo said:

Is it still ok to say that the Studio One UI is fugly?

My experience of it means, and position here, it would be inappropriate for me to agree with you, ( ? ?), but it is not likely to be censored, possibly moved to the local den of iniquity.

2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

If you had posted on the PreSonus forum, X, Facebook, Whats-App etc pages, information about another DAW, not only would your post have been removed but you would have been banned from all PreSonus sites. That's a little over the top, but it is the PreSonus policy. 

For obvious reasons Bandlab don't really want to see other competitors DAW products being promoted, deal or what, on their forums.

Thanks for understanding. 

I think the forum members would generally be glad to abide by the rules;  unfortunately, there was no communication of this policy change.  I think that is the lesson here.  Perhaps a sticky at the top stating the new policy would be helpful.

10 minutes ago, husker said:
2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

If you had posted on the PreSonus forum, X, Facebook, Whats-App etc pages, information about another DAW, not only would your post have been removed but you would have been banned from all PreSonus sites. That's a little over the top, but it is the PreSonus policy. 

For obvious reasons Bandlab don't really want to see other competitors DAW products being promoted, deal or what, on their forums.

Thanks for understanding. 

I think the forum members would generally be glad to abide by the rules;  unfortunately, there was no communication of this policy change.  I think that is the lesson here.  Perhaps a sticky at the top stating the new policy would be helpful.

This would not even be an issue if a perpetual license for Sonar was offered as an option. But because it is not, some people, who will not pay for a subscription, will voice their frustrations about that here and with that, some alternatives. And I'm willing to bet that the people that will stop using Cakewalk and move to an alternative, really don't want to because they love it (like I do)

Now what we're faced with is censorship. Who really wins in this scenario? And yes, I know that if I don't like it, I don't have to be here. But again I ask... who really wins in this scenario?

fj

1 hour ago, fjz said:

This would not even be an issue if a perpetual license for Sonar was offered as an option. But because it is not, some people, who will not pay for a subscription, will voice their frustrations about that here and with that, some alternatives. And I'm willing to bet that the people that will stop using Cakewalk and move to an alternative, really don't want to because they love it (like I do)

Now what we're faced with is censorship. Who really wins in this scenario? And yes, I know that if I don't like it, I don't have to be here. But again I ask... who really wins in this scenario?

fj

You have just push another one of the other buttons.

It is not the mods we just work, voluntarily, to the guidelines we are given. It is not censorship it is product management. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1