BFD Beta program (Not a deal, at least not yet)

jerrydf

I just had an email inviting me to the "BFD Beta program".  So it looks like they may be on the march to a new version.

I'm interested, although I'm equally split between them and AD2, Native's drums in Komplete and a few other drums.  I have BFD3 and quite a few BFD kits, but I find the UI quite a mess to navigate!

The mail is as follows:

+++++++

We're happy to announce the BFD Beta Program

Are you interested in joining a community of like-minded musicians and getting early access to new features, all while helping the development of BFD? BFD3 owners have an opportunity to help BFD continually improve the software and have a TON of fun along the way. 

First, our Beta Testers will receive the latest (unreleased) software updates. After testing the updates, we ask that you report any issues you find on our Private Beta Forums, dedicated to all things BFD. This forum will also serve as an incredible resource for expanding your knowledge of BFD, and connect you with other BFD3 owners to share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback around the software as we improve it. 

The beta will bring new updates and fixes. We’re excited to show you what we’re working on! 

Click the link below to learn more and apply to join the Beta Testing team today!

Link to -

https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=Q35QJHz7YEurA_ePr68KZQaJNxbiY_NArAg2JxSqg_VUNTBQWjdKVTJCT0ZFUjFHWlhTQVpVTDk1RCQlQCN0PWcu

+++++

Jerry

• Like 2

On 7/24/2024 at 7:17 PM, Vernon Barnes said:

It may be a bit late for them to claw back some of the lead Toontrack have built up. 

I may be interested in a new BFD version IF, unlike the player, it can use older content as I have a fair bit. 

My  thoughts exactly.

As a marketing and brand strategist, I think even if InMusic created a stellar BFD4 -- before I have grandchildren (my kids are presently teenagers) , I think they've done so much damage to the brand it would have a difficult time finding success. BFD3 has been around for more than a decade, and I don't think it's possible to do a thread about it on any forum or social media platform without hearing horror stories from past users. I think the less than impressive BFD Player also didn't give true believers the hope they desired. 

I'm a SD3 and AD2 user that would love to see a serious option to SD3 that would bring prices down. But every indication has been that InMusic is incapable of delivering a product anywhere near that level. My negative experiences with their software and support leads me to be very hesitant to buy anything that InMusic owns and I'm well aware that is not a rare perspective.  

Edited by PavlovsCat