UAD Tuesdays - ATR-102 for $39 - Now Native

cclarry

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Week 1

• Buy ATR-102 for $39
    • ($89 minus weekly $50 and get $25 thank you back)
  • Buy API Preamp for $24
    • ($49 Sale Price - $25 Thankyou and get $25 thank you back)

Week 2

• Buy API Summing LUNA Extension for $74 ($149 - $50 weekly voucher minus $25 thankyou)
    • You would also get a $25 thank you voucher back, but from a  Luna perspective, we would have Pro at this stage.

The "thankyou" voucher now has a $50 minimum spend on it, unfortunately. The $50 dollar weekly voucher cannot be combined with any other voucher offers. I tried this out and could only use either the 25 or 50. As for the Studer plugin, I can confirm that you also get the extension for it. I do not have the Luna Pro bundle.

On a positive note, I was able to get both the ATR and the summing plugin with the $76 for two plugins sale before it switched over to the new sale. I also had an unused 15% off voucher on hand and was able to get both for the final price of $64.60. Now all I need is for them to make the preamp native and once I get that, the API collection will add the extensions for Luna. This was confirmed by a user in the UAD forum.

Edited by burtles101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, burtles101 said:

The "thankyou" voucher now has a $50 minimum spend on it, unfortunately. The $50 dollar weekly voucher cannot be combined with any other voucher offers. I tried this out and could only use either the 25 or 50. As for the Studer plugin, I can confirm that you also get the extension for it. I do not have the Luna Pro bundle. 

On a positive note, I was able to get both the ATR and the summing plugin with the $76 for two plugins sale before it switched over to the new sale. I also had an unused %15 voucher on hand and was able to get both for the final price of $64.60. Now all I need is for them to make the preamp native and once I get that, the API collection will add the extensions for Luna. This was confirmed by a user in the UAD forum.

Thanks Burtles :) Sounds like they killed the vouchers now compared to what they were.. before there was no minimum on them and they stacked, so that's handy to know. That being the case, you could probably just add another plugin to the order for $49 at worst, but then you get something different in addition. Still not quite as good as it could've been though.

Thanks for confirming Studer! I haven't installed Luna yet, but have been planning on giving it a run in the next week or so. Great idea with the 2 for $76. That might even be an option down the track to stack with a thank you and buy the API Preamp at the same time in an upcoming sale. I know leading up to BF last year they had a month or two of sales in a row with similar offers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

Don't you normally get a $25 thank you for every plugin you purchase as long as you buy them a day apart or so? I have always in the past, but I haven't bought a UA plugin in ages.

With the APIs the only ones missing is the preamp (and extension) and API Summing. From what UA states, buy them and bam, you got the API extensions.

https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/its-here-luna-for-windows-q-a-with-connor-from-ua.71429/post-532018

• Radek Stanisz said:
  • UniversalAudio

It's possible it's only the new tape that includes the extension, but here Connor from UA answers it for ATR-102:

https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/its-here-luna-for-windows-q-a-with-connor-from-ua.71429/post-527615

• UA_User said:
  • Connor from UA

The A800 states this on the page where you buy it. No mention of needing to buy Luna Pro. This might just be how they worded it though, but it sounds like it should be include.

• Use the Studer A800 LUNA Extension to easily add warmth to your entire mix on a per channel basis

Apparently that's all changed.  I owned ALL of the API and didn't get the Luna extensions until after I purchased
Luna Pro.  Otherwise it's completely ridiculous to charge $559 for the Luna API and $149 for the Non-Luna version.  Likewise on the all the others.

Apparently UAD has lost their marbles

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Apparently that's all changed.  I owned ALL of the API and didn't get the Luna extensions until after I purchased
Luna Pro. 

Did you already have the API preamp plugin before you purchased Luna Pro? According to the post here, https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/api-luna-extension.71878/ you have to have the "API 2500, API preamp, API Summing and API MKII Vision strip before it will trigger the extensions in Luna.

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes...I had them all...

Wow, I guess they really must be making a lot of changes to things on the fly. I came to the UAD party late and was never exposed to the higher prices or different ways in which they did things before going native. I can see why some of the long time users might be put off by the way things have changed in such a short period of time.

On 7/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, cclarry said:

Apparently UAD has lost their marbles

This story checks out ? They seem a bit more all over the place of late.. some cheap prices as a bonus, but they do seem like they're making it up as they go!

• Haha 1