Versilian Studios Virtuosity Vibraphone for $49

Larry Shelby

I'm in love with metallophones and own numerous sampled glockenspiels, vibraphones, celestes, etc. from many different developers. I own a physical glockenspiel and played the instrument as a kid in school band (only when the kid that regularly played it couldn't make it to rehearsals). 

But I found the glockenspiel library from Versilian Studios to be so amateurish that I couldn't buy another library from the developer. He's clearly super generous and has a bunch of free libraries he's invested time in giving away freely. But I post in this community to be helpful to fellow community members / musicians and I want to be honest and share that I didn't find his library to be up to the basic standards I've come to expect for a Kontakt sample developer. It's not that it's terrible. It's simply unpolished,  not anywhere near competitor quality levels, even below my expectations for a good free soundfont back in the 90s, if I'm going to be totally honest. I invite opposing views,  again,  the developer seems like a wonderful person. Perhaps he's improved his work since I purchased the glockenspiel library a few years ago. 

Edited by PavlovsCat