APD Deal: TONEX Metal Gems Collection by IK Multimedia - FREE DOWNLOAD

cclarry

7 hours ago, Last Call said:

Um, Peter, will you guys ever fix your products?

Don't answer me, it's a rhetorical question. 
I want to say the most obscene things but I want to keep the forum in a good state.

(From the double cpu usage bug when you add a new Amplitube instance, which hasn't been fixed for more than a year,
to can't open Product Manager message when clicking on Restore Purchases... showing me I am offline... ).

Ask me the last time I spent $$$ on your products.... (why pay for useless products...)

Again, don't answer me... ?

2 hours ago, Last Call said:

Nah, I never liked Peter nor IK.

It’s like talking to a wall, it’s been like that forever.

And talking to someone who has the upper hand (for the wrong reasons) and stubborn never leads anywhere, just lost time.

I don’t have the time for some hating or the patience for IK OR ANY company to fix their ****.

Even Softube without me asking for it fixed Amo Room, by practically rewriting the whole thing… those guys are pros.

Just raised my voice to see where IK is at, same hole…

I hope you realize Peter that not all have the same feelings towards you or the company you work for. I know you are made of tough stuff or you wouldn't have made it this far having to deal with all you have had to over the years, still, chin up sir.

It is true about the CPU usage thing with Amplitube 5, it is a little annoying, but not annoying enough for me to bother putting in a support ticket, I mean the workaround is hardly an intensive procedure. Amplitube 5 and TONEX are some of my favorite and certainly most used softwares, and I would really hate to be without them.

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

To get all my packs across would likely take about 10/20 seconds and my collection is quite extensive, 250+ Full 3rd party packs and that's without the Signature Packs and other Packs purchased via IK.

I think it was just because there servers might have been getting hammered.. I did restore purchases in Tonex which is normally really quick in Amplitube and it wasn't hours, but it wasn't seconds either. I left it doing it, but I think it might have been around 15 minutes and Tonex for me was completely stock CS and the only thing added was this metal pack. Normally I like to leave things a few days and seem to dodge most server load issues, so maybe I just hit the peak time or something. The whole copy DB thing is good to know though. 

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

If it was me I would just copy over the .db file and then perhaps the relevant files/folders from Documents and/or Appdata where ever the various TONEX settings are kept, shouldn't/wouldn't take much to figure it out, if at all possible, certainly not 6 hours. To get all my packs across would likely take about 10/20 seconds and my collection is quite extensive, 250+ Full 3rd party packs and that's without the Signature Packs and other Packs purchased via IK.

I certainly wouldn't be spending anything like 6hours, you have to do it once, as you are building your collection and that's spread out over time as you go, but to do it again all in one go, no thanks, there are much easier ways to accomplish that, and far better ways to spend your time :)

Well I attempted some sort of approximation of this the first time and it absolutely didn't work for me and thus had to recreate it manually.  I also may have a different folder and preset structure that has probably around 100 folders for organizing things.  Those were not coming over with the copy and paste as far as I could tell.  

Need IKM to provide real documentation on how it could be done.  Seems odd that the "backup" and restore can't be done cross machine or at least not in a comprehensive way easily.

17 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Need IKM to provide real documentation on how it could be done.  Seems odd that the "backup" and restore can't be done cross machine or at least not in a comprehensive way easily.

Agreed, a backup solution should be a total backup. Actually shouldn't be too hard, given that for them to work in Tonex, it has to be able to see them, so if it can see them, it should have all the paths to be able to copy everything into a backup file.

Audioplugindeals was down last night  for me (I'm in the UK) but it's back up this morning and I was able to get this.

And yes, Tonex is being slow at downloading the patches, but I'm not too concerned about that, the main thing is that this nice freebie is attached to my account, and I'll play with it another day when IK's servers are in a nicer mood.

• Like 3