APD Deal: TONEX Metal Gems Collection by IK Multimedia - FREE DOWNLOAD

cclarry

5 minutes ago, BTP said:

They are listed in the IK Product Manager under the TONEX - Collections tab though.

Never even consciously seen that tab before, but sure enough there they all are.

You get the merit badge for 'Awareness'

and thanks

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Thanks, yes I'm a very experienced TONEX user - bought in from the first few weeks of release.  I finally got them all downloaded a few minutes ago but did not change the method by which this is done.  Something was very wrong, took 20+ attempts, it was crazy.  

My memory is not what it was 2 years ago, but in the back of my mind, I recalled your being active/helpful with TONEX discussions in the forum early on. Glad you finally got the Metal Gems Collection. 

Not sure if this is relevant, but yesterday at some point, somewhere I clicked on "Restore All Purchases."  I don't understand it fully, but several years ago I remember that as being a standard advice for IK products--advice for when IK products shown on the local computer didn't include everything it "should have" shown. Maybe it was in connection with possibly the Custom Shop.

25 minutes ago, BTP said:

They are listed in the IK Product Manager under the TONEX - Collections tab though.

Thanks for the correction.  That's where I saw it, not in the User Area on the IK Website. Earlier posted edited to reflect this. 

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

My memory is not what it was 2 years ago, but in the back of my mind, I recalled your being active/helpful with TONEX discussions in the forum early on. Glad you finally got the Metal Gems Collection. 

Not sure if this is relevant, but yesterday at some point, somewhere I clicked on "Restore All Purchases."  I don't understand it fully, but several years ago I remember that as being a standard advice for IK products--advice for when IK products shown on the local computer didn't include everything it "should have" shown. Maybe it was in connection with possibly the Custom Shop.

I spent half my day yesterday hitting the restore all purchases button.  lol  

I tired this morning on yet another machine (but running the previous ".3" version and it worked without issue.  Other two machines were on the latest .4 version

I always keep a copy of the latest TONEX .db file after every new addition and subsequent run of TONEX, if anything goes awry I don't have to worry about any of that jazz with regards to my library or restoring etc, if need be just slip the latest .db file back in and I'm instantly as I was.

Edited by Heath Row
latest

45 minutes ago, BTP said:

Found it. Thank you.

Edited by Kal S

1 hour ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I have used up my 20 user spots in Tonex CS. As I understand, if I download the Metal Gems it will overwrite and I would lose 4 of my installed user amps possibly!!

I have probably 5 or 6 of those spots used up by pedals that I never use. 

Can I delete those spots and that leave me open to get the Metal Gems without overwriting my other amps?

I don't know about deleting User downloads to free up User slots, but based on what I did yesterday, the Metal Gems Collection adds 100 Premium Models. 

Also, my TONEX CS did not include unlimited User downloads. My captured screenshots show the paid versions of TONEX did.

• Example: TONEX CS 
    • Included
      • 20 Tone Models [Premium]
      • 10 Amps / 5 Pedals
      • 20 User Tone Model Downloads [Free]
    • So, I started with the 20 included Premium Models (2022) and downloaded 7 free [user] Tone Models. 
    • Yesterday, to my holdings of 27, I added the 100 Premium Tone Models in the  Metal Gems Collection
      • Note: Even though they were free to me thanks to the APD Deal, they are still Premium Tone Models. 
  • By contrast, so far as I have seen, the paid editions of TONEX included "Unlimited User Tone Model Downloads."

41 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I spent half my day yesterday hitting the restore all purchases button.  lol  

I tired this morning on yet another machine (but running the previous ".3" version and it worked without issue.  Other two machines were on the latest .4 version

Thanks for the clarification regarding the restore button; thanks for confirming it probably wasn't relevant to getting the Metal Gem models to show up in the Tonex Browser List.

Re: Version 1.7.3 v. Version 1.7.4, maybe there will be a 1.7.5 follow-up to fix what seems to be some issues. 

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, BTP said:

Thanks, I never knew this! You can use the same concept for Amplitube and see your collections directly in the product manager too.

4 hours ago, Heath Row said:

I always keep a copy of the latest TONEX .db file after every new addition and subsequent run of TONEX, if anything goes awry I don't have to worry about any of that jazz with regards to my library or restoring etc, if need be just slip the latest .db file back in and I'm instantly as I was.

There is also a backup and restore function for that database in TONEX itself.

• Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, IK Multimedia said:

How do we use this to transfer the database (and folder structure) to another install of TONEX?  It literally took me 6 hours worth of work importing paid packs, downloading tonenet stuff I liked, and then creating the folder structures to "mirror" another computer I use.  There has to be an easy way to do this.  

Um, Peter, will you guys ever fix your products?

Don't answer me, it's a rhetorical question. 
I want to say the most obscene things but I want to keep the forum in a good state.

(From the double cpu usage bug when you add a new Amplitube instance, which hasn't been fixed for more than a year,
to can't open Product Manager message when clicking on Restore Purchases... showing me I am offline... ).

Ask me the last time I spent $$$ on your products.... (why pay for useless products...)

Again, don't answer me... ?

Funny to ask a loaded question then try to force someone not to answer.  Report what you feel is broken to the team and they'll assist you.  If you have already reported an issue the team would be happy to provide a status to you at any time if you reply to your ticket asking them.  What you list sounds like things they could look into to fix for you as some don't appear to be global so I have confidence the team can provide you the right information if you reach out for a status.  Thank you.

Edit - sorry maybe you meant don't answer because I've been posting and answering on weekends?  That's quite kind of you but I am here on my own time because I saw something I could help with.  Thank you again if that was your intent.

Edited by IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

How do we use this to transfer the database (and folder structure) to another install of TONEX?  It literally took me 6 hours worth of work importing paid packs, downloading tonenet stuff I liked, and then creating the folder structures to "mirror" another computer I use.  There has to be an easy way to do this.  

Support would be better to answer that use case because it is meant to back and they're not going to answer me today but there would still be copying from one machine to the other and not sure it isn't any easier than copying and moving the library anyway.  Anything you have from ToneNET can be restored on any machine any time.  Sorry that the third party Tone Models sold outside of the ecosystem are more difficult to manage.

Nah, I never liked Peter nor IK.

It’s like talking to a wall, it’s been like that forever.

And talking to someone who has the upper hand (for the wrong reasons) and stubborn never leads anywhere, just lost time.

I don’t have the time for some hating or the patience for IK OR ANY company to fix their ****.

Even Softube without me asking for it fixed Amo Room, by practically rewriting the whole thing… those guys are pros.

Just raised my voice to see where IK is at, same hole…

Just to be clear, none of my earlier posts were intended to be "hating on" IK.  I intentionally tried to word my posts to reflect my desire to help others find things that I found, not to present any negativity.  Apologies if my posts failed to do that.

43 minutes ago, Last Call said:

And talking to someone who has the upper hand (for the wrong reasons) and stubborn never leads anywhere, just lost time.

I don’t have the time for some hating or the patience for IK OR ANY company to fix their ****.

Even Softube without me asking for it fixed Amo Room, by practically rewriting the whole thing… those guys are pros.

You're seriously out of line.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Last Call said:

And yet Softube's amps are not even close to the same feel/sound realism of Tonex.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, IK Multimedia said:

Yeah thanks Peter, I was aware of that, I've been doing it the manual way ever since I've been doing it and probably will continue that way :)

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If it was me I would just copy over the .db file and then perhaps the relevant files/folders from Documents and/or Appdata where ever the various TONEX settings are kept, shouldn't/wouldn't take much to figure it out, if at all possible, certainly not 6 hours. To get all my packs across would likely take about 10/20 seconds and my collection is quite extensive, 250+ Full 3rd party packs and that's without the Signature Packs and other Packs purchased via IK.

I certainly wouldn't be spending anything like 6hours, you have to do it once, as you are building your collection and that's spread out over time as you go, but to do it again all in one go, no thanks, there are much easier ways to accomplish that, and far better ways to spend your time :)

Edited by Heath Row