APD Deal: TONEX Metal Gems Collection by IK Multimedia - FREE DOWNLOAD

cclarry

34 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Looks like they pulled it.  :( 

yy not to redeem - hope for now only - site write:

This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?

It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for so at least take this banana.

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Like 1

Pretty good freebie really and nice to see something that hasn't repeatedly done the free circuit multiple times already!

I'll want to spend more time checking it out to know for sure, but some of them don't sound too bad after a quick play.

I only have the free Tonex CS and haven't downloaded the free 20 user presets yet, so it's a nice addition. Thanks Lars ?

• Like 4

Download info email on this would not open after purchase…..and couldn’t get access to my account info on their site, even though I was logged in. Oh well, will try later.

20 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Download info email on this would not open after purchase…..and couldn’t get access to my account info on their site, even though I was logged in. Oh well, will try later.

The APD site says Download Instantly, but I found there are a lot of things to jump over, around, and through.  I guess If someone uses TONEX frequently, it's a snap, but I played with TONEX CS a while ago, the UI has changed quite a bit, etc. Eventually I got access to the Collection and found the switch that let me list just the models/presets I own.

• I don't remember all the steps, but they include:
    • Open the e-mail and buffer copy the purchase code from APD
    • Open the IK Product Manager
    • Use the Register Button in the IK Product Manager
    • Paste the code into the right spot
    • Boot TONEX
    • Make sure you are logged into the TONEX Server (or whatever they call it)
    • Go to the User Area on the IK Website
    • Make sure Tonex is listed [in the IK Product Manager]
    • Make sure the Collection is listed  [in the IK Product Manager]
      • It should be if Registration was successful
    • In the TONEX UI, find the switch that will let you list models you own or possibly search for Metal Gems

Somewhere along the way I was able to listen to audio through the Metal Gem models (played real time through a CbB track) without the unwanted periodic noise we get with unowned models.  Also, along the way I had several periods of just waiting--maybe while stuff was being downloaded, while my account was being verified, etc.

Edited by User 905133
(2) added "in the IK Product Manager" / deleted reference to IK website User Area; (1) fixed typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got the email from IKM that it was added to my account first thing this morning.

Still can't get it to actually show up in my account ~11 hours later.  

Refreshed multiple times across 2 computers, doesn't work or showup on either.  Continues to fail to here

and won't show or download all

image.thumb.png.7b039f66db17a765d5f8e5fdaf803876.png

image.png.d0e5914aa4f8dbb85a90263932a8c2f5.png

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Got the email from IKM that it was added to my account first thing this morning.

Refreshed multiple times across 2 computers, doesn't work or showup on either.  Continues to fail to here

I have no memory of actually downloading the collection. I do have memories of trying to find where they were hidden. I only have 127 total, but here's how I get to see Metal Gems Signature Collection (using TONEX CS Version 1.7.4):

• TONEX - Home Tab
    • Left-hand column:
      • Tone Model button selected
      • TONE MODEL BROWSER
        • All Tone Models selected
      • OWNED COLLECTIONS
        • Signature heading expanded
          • Metal Gems showing (it's my only collection)
          • NOTE: Selecting Metal Gems here:
            • unselects All Tone Models
            • removes the collection from the  TONE MODEL LIST (Main Column)
            • sets results to 0
      • USER FOLDERS
        • [I have not set up any User Folder] 
      • Filters button selected
      • INSTRUMENT      Owned Only slide switch = on
      • NOTE: I only downloaded about 7 Free Models a few years ago, so I don't need to use the filters. 
      • TIER      - Select the Premium to get rid of the Free ones from the TONE MODEL LIST in the main Column (under the Amp Header)
  • Main Column
    •  TONE MODEL LIST 
      • List View Selected
    • List Column
      • Date Added = Most Recent on Top

I now have 127 total: 100 new Premium Models added today, 20 CS Premium Models, 7 Free Models. 

If there is a way to have the list show Premium Models for specific owned collections, I haven't found it.  I defer to others who use TONEX more than I do.  It looks like my 7 downloads are from September/October 2022. 

Edited by User 905133
added clarification re: selecting Metal Gems in the Owned Collections section of the Browser
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I have no memory of actually downloading the collection. I do have memories of trying to find where they were hidden. I only have 127 total, but here's how I get to see Metal Gems Signature Collection (using TONEX CS Version 1.7.4):

• TONEX - Home Tab
    • Left-hand column:
      • Tone Model button selected
      • TONE MODEL BROWSER
        • All Tone Models selected
      • OWNED COLLECTIONS
        • Signature heading expanded
          • Metal Gems showing (it's my only collection)
          • NOTE: Selecting Metal Gems here:
            • unselects All Tone Models
            • removes the collection from the  TONE MODEL LIST (Main Column)
            • sets results to 0
      • USER FOLDERS
        • [I have not set up any User Folder] 
      • Filters button selected
      • INSTRUMENT      Owned Only slide switch = on
      • NOTE: I only downloaded about 7 Free Models a few years ago, so I don't need to use the filters. 
      • TIER      - Select the Premium to get rid of the Free ones from the TONE MODEL LIST in the main Column (under the Amp Header)
  • Main Column
    •  TONE MODEL LIST 
      • List View Selected
    • List Column
      • Date Added = Most Recent on Top

I now have 127 total: 100 new Premium Models added today, 20 CS Premium Models, 7 Free Models. 

If there is a way to have the list show Premium Models for specific owned collections, I haven't found it.  I defer to others who use TONEX more than I do.  It looks like my 7 downloads are from September/October 2022. 

Thanks, yes I'm a very experienced TONEX user - bought in from the first few weeks of release.  I finally got them all downloaded a few minutes ago but did not change the method by which this is done.  Something was very wrong, took 20+ attempts, it was crazy.  

I still think the current version is buggy, especially on the "tonenet" side.  Takes way to long to connect to ToneNet load and scroll through thing on high end computers.  

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Thanks, yes I'm a very experienced TONEX user - bought in from the first few weeks of release.  I finally got them all downloaded a few minutes ago but did not change the method by which this is done.  Something was very wrong, took 20+ attempts, it was crazy.  

I still think the current version is buggy, especially on the "tonenet" side.  Takes way to long to connect to ToneNet load and scroll through thing on high end computers.  

I found this rather slow to download, but I'll bet their servers are slammed.

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Will it also show up under My Products on the IKM website?

I did register it through the Product Manager but can't see it listed either there or on the website.

16 minutes ago, Kal S said:

I did register it through the Product Manager but can't see it listed either there or on the website.

I've always found this odd but, no.

Same with ODS legends.  They should send you an email confirming registration though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question!

I have used up my 20 user spots in Tonex CS. As I understand, if I download the Metal Gems it will overwrite and I would lose 4 of my installed user amps possibly!!

I have probably 5 or 6 of those spots used up by pedals that I never use. 

Can I delete those spots and that leave me open to get the Metal Gems without overwriting my other amps?

I have the Dumble Collection and do not want to lose those!

BTW, I do plan to move from CS to full version asap but money is tight right now.

27 minutes ago, Kal S said:

No they don't show up, in the PM you will just get a 'TONEX Registration Successful' or whatever it says, top right hand side. It can slip by unnoticed. That's how it's always happened for me and with how I do things, I've never done a FREEBIE though.

Edited by Heath Row

8 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

No they don't show up, in the PM you will just get a 'TONEX registration Successful' or whatever it says, top right hand side. It can slip by unnoticed. That's how it's always happened for me and with how I do things, I've never done a FREEBIE though.

They are listed in the IK Product Manager under the TONEX - Collections tab though.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1