MCU Question Regarding EQ/Plugin Functions

As it stands, the only control surface dll that can "mirror" behaviour natively is the Mackie Control dll.

That being said, all of the control surfaces are aware of the active (i.e. focussed) track, so it should be possible to do that via AZController for the KeyLab / Micro4K.  It's been a long time since I've looked at that, so I can't help you much with that.  @azslow3 may be able to offer more insight.

I just can confirm when msmcleod has already written. Communication between different surfaces is not foreseen by Cakewalk, nor support for multiple MIDI inputs to the same surface. Mackie Control and AZController can do the internally, by only for other instances of themselves.

But you can use AZController independently with the second surface, with Action list like "Strip <current>"+"FX (by position or name) (parameter by position)"+"Value (encoder)" for each encoder. In AZ Controller there is no separate INI for mapping (so no separate "C4 mapper" like utility), you assign parameters explicitly within preset (but with this approach AZController technically does the same as Mackie Control with INI). If you want follow track/bus focusing, display currently controlled parameter and value somewhere, implement several "banks" of parameters etc., the preset for AZController will be a bit more complicated (but possible to make).

I did start experimenting with AZController over the weekend. Following the instructions on the website, I was able to program the first rotary pot on the Arturia to control the first fader on the iCon. When I rotated the pot on the Arturia, the fader on the iCon moved in unison as well as the fader in Cakewalk. I have to think I'm on the right path there. Unfortunately, when I moved to the 2nd rotary pot on the Arturia and mapped it it was still controlling the first fader on the iCon. In my example I'm more interested in one rotary knob controlling another so I could see one controller was communicating with another. It's probably worth digging in and hoping any questions that might come up I can reach out to AZSlow?

I do see how AZController picks up the midi as the Last MIDI event. I'm wondering if there's a way in AZController if you can force override a midi note/message value it sends out.

See if this thought process is on the right track:
1) With the plug-in button pressed on the iCon and a SSL plug-in inserted in Cakewalk...Track 2/Display 2 lists Line Gain as it's parameter. This matches the C4Mapper info.
2) Temporary using the AZController on the iCon Extender...I can see the Last MIDI event for the iCon rotary knob 2 is Ch: 1 CC: 17.
3) Switch the iCon extender back to it's normal Mackie Controller driver.
4) Using the AZController for the Keylab 49...could I assign the Arturia Rotary 1 (currently Ch: 1 CC:74) to output the same Ch:1 CC:17 as the iCon much like I was able to get the Arturia rotary knob controlling the fader on the iCon.

Following the instructions on the website (but not fully understanding the process) I could make the Arturia (eventually Microk4) control the iCon and pass that on to control Cakewalk so in essence that's what I'm looking to do.

Aside from trying to get an basic understanding of AZController...probably going to table going full on into this until I get the Micro4k as I'm not deeply interest in mapping out the Arturia as I might be getting rid of it.

Thanks for everyone's continued help/input. I really appreciate it.

AZ Controller is not communicating with Mackie. You have asked it to control the same parameter and Cakewalk sent feedback to Mackie/iCon. That is not happening directly. So, Arturia -> MIDI -> AZ Controller -> API -> Cakewalk -> API -> Mackie -> MIDI -> iCon. You have controlled fader by controlling the volume (to control the volume of the second track, you need to select the second track in the Strip action for the second encoder).

I understand now I worded that incorrectly and that your "flowchart" breaks down the action correctly. But that IS the action I'm looking for...being to able to access the same function to Cakewalk from two separate controllers as if they were "seamless".

I'll see if I can play around with it over the next few days. Thank you so much!