Transgressor 3 release (discount for owners of v2)

Brian Walton

I don't see any release notes, new manual is very vague too and repeats v2 version features (claims that v3 has presets menu meanwhile v2 already had that). From what I've gathered it's just UI overhaul (different preset browser and overall looks), then already mentioned M1 native support. Nothing about performance and any extra features. I love Transgressor 2 but this is a very questionable upgrade which lacks of information why it's even v3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solema said:

I don't see any release notes, new manual is very vague too and repeats v2 version features (claims that v3 has presets menu meanwhile v2 already had that). From what I've gathered it's just UI overhaul (different preset browser and overall looks), then already mentioned M1 native support. Nothing about performance and any extra features. I love Transgressor 2 but this is a very questionable upgrade which lacks of information why it's even v3.

It’s a way to make users pay for upgrades that should be free and should have been released like two years ago. I have ditched Boz products despite loving some of them because I basically consider them abandonware. And if somebody intends starting a Windows/Mac discussion now, please just STFU,  nobody cares it works fine on Windows.

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

It’s a way to make users pay for upgrades that should be free and should have been released like two years ago. I have ditched Boz products despite loving some of them because I basically consider them abandonware. And if somebody intends starting a Windows/Mac discussion now, please just STFU,  nobody cares it works fine on Windows.

I agree this type of update should have been free.  But he is slow rolling updates to his products in a clear move to unify the look and modernize them therefore not exactly abandonware.

All apple users should expect that any software they purchase may not work with future OS updates.  And should certainly expect that an update for support might be a long time coming or even never if they are not seeing the revenue exceeding the effort.  That is part of buying into the ecosystem, risk.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

All apple users should expect that any software they purchase may not work with future OS updates.  

And yet they (users) continue to do the same thing over and over expecting different results. That's the definition of insanity.?

8 hours ago, jngnz said:

And if somebody intends starting a Windows/Mac discussion now, please just STFU,  nobody cares it works fine on Windows.

So I will STFU about how they work fine on Windows, even though I do care that it works fine.?

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, jngnz said:

Sorry, but I am "somebody" that ... ?

I just wonder why you don't ditch Apple, 'cos actually, they are the root of the problem IMHO! All the time they turn everything upside-down and expect that the whole world adjusts to them! Not to mention that we Windows users paid billions for Mac-ification updates!

• Great Idea 1