SSL plugins update problem

Hi everyone, yesterday I updated two SSL plugins and after the update with SSL application, CBB does not recognize the two plugins.
Never had a problem before, same directory and the plug ins were already present in the system.
Anyone else with the same experience?
Greetings

• Like 1

i had the same issue...and i drove me insane for 2 days...i contacted SSL and they told me to uninstall...I uninstalled and reinstalled. But you can’t use the SSL download mgr. I tried that. I have a program called Glary Utilities and I uninstalled from that. Then I restarted my computer and reinstalled the plug ins..and everything was fine.

Had the same issue after the recent SSL update.  What I did to resolve this was navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 

Find the SSL Plugins that are giving you the issue and rename the main folder. I chose to drop the .vst3 from the end.

After you do that, go into the folder you just renamed and find the main .dll

Copy that .dll directly into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

CBB will then re-scan and your plugins will show up as expected.  

Resolved.
I don't understand why but SSL creates a new directory inside the VST3 folder which obviously it doesn't recognise, I manually moved the new updated files and now CBB has scanned the files correctly.
Greetings

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GIM Productions said:

Resolved.
I don't understand why but SSL creates a new directory inside the VST3 folder which obviously it doesn't recognise, I manually moved the new updated files and now CBB has scanned the files correctly.
Greetings

None of my other daw software had a problem finding and updating to the new SSL directories, only CBB. Which leads me to believe this is an issue specific to the Cakewalk plugin manager, not sure if this has been addressed in the new Sonar release.  

the folder extension of .vst3 was resolved in CbB a few months back. the challenge is some developers of plugins don't properly handle the directory with a DLL extension name correctly in their own space. once the vendor properly codes their plugin, it will work. i've had several prominent vendors not handle it correctly when they first rolled out their plugins using the new Steinberg VST3 spec, but most have resolved the issue via updates.

Edited by Glenn Stanton

SSL has had the .vst3 extension for a while now, however they've moved the DDL extension into a sub folder, rather than within the main VST3 directory. For some reason the CbB plugin manager can't seem to resolve it and update to the new location. Had the same thing happen with Spitfire BBC Orchestra a while back. 

• Like 1