Xils Lab Summer Sale, up to 80% off synths and effects, Stix at $59

D-Fused Sounds

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

StiX VST3 is buggy as all f-ck. Like all their VST3s, really.

I've got PolyKB III and that doesn't seem to have any major bugs that I've come across. It can sound quite nice and almost analog like and warm. I just bought it as it was so enjoyable to play rather than to even use in tracks. I have heard some of their others do have quite a few bugs though.

7 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I've got PolyKB III and that doesn't seem to have any major bugs that I've come across. It can sound quite nice and almost analog like and warm. I just bought it as it was so enjoyable to play rather than to even use in tracks. I have heard some of their others do have quite a few bugs though.

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, these are some of the best sounding synths on the market, particularly PolyKB and PolyM, but I've had crashes, random noise bursts and just generally things not working in all of them, SynX and StiX being by far the worst. Hell, I've paid $99 for SynX and it's literally unusable right now. Not sure if they will ever really fix anything or just grab a couple of deep sales money bags and ride off into the sunset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I do have an issue with Poly kb vst 3 not displaying gui propoerly ... you reminded me why i don't used it lately 

22 hours ago, jngnz said:

StiX VST3 is buggy as all f-ck. 

Since Lotuzia died it was basically abandonware. Now it is slowly resurrecting, last beta is from June, mainly VST3 support. For drum synthesis Microtonic is better option. For sampled drums any modern fully featured drum machines is in my opinion also better option.