Auto Tune Artist - Crash Detected!

Was your autotune a permanent license or a subscription? Can you use it in a new project?  If you need to edit them before this is resolved, just open in the safe mode. Hold down the shift key, then click to cwp file. Answer yes to all but autotune. Yes I understand. should Be able to open and edit it. Be sure to save under a new file name to preserve the original song file. 

10 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Was your autotune a permanent license or a subscription? Can you use it in a new project?  If you need to edit them before this is resolved, just open in the safe mode. Hold down the shift key, then click to cwp file. Answer yes to all but autotune. Yes I understand. should Be able to open and edit it. Be sure to save under a new file name to preserve the original song file. 

Yes, I have a permanent license for AutoTune Artist.  I did open the project in SAFE mode and said NO to AutoTune.  I was able to work on the project and safe it as a new project.  What's weird is that this is not the only project this is happening with.  All of my older projects where I used AutoTune Artist and showing this message.

I got a similar Crash Detected just yesterday regarding Session Drummer. 

I closed CbB waited a bit then relaunched it, loaded the same project again and got no error. I have never seen this white error dialog before, must be newish.

It was alarming, but I was glad to know that the (huge) file wasn't corrupt but that is was "just one of those things" :-)

Edited by bitman

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I submitted both the .dmp file and a screen shot of the error message to both Cakewalk Support and to Antares (Auto-Tune) support.  Cakewalk Support said to contact Antares support (which I told them in my original post I had done).  Antares got right back with me and while they stated they do not support Bandlab Cakewalk gave me a few suggestions to try.  I explained to both Cakewalk support and to Antares support that I had been using Auto-Tune Access and Artist in Bandlab Cakewalk for years with no issues prior.  I explained that now when I go back to these original projects I did a few years ago using Auto-Tune Access and (mostly) Artist I am now getting the following error message when I try to open the projects.

AutoTuneArtistError.jpg.61a66cb47474ae551a5d5cb66bb413b0.jpg

Trying the suggestions from Antares did not fix the issue as I am still getting the same pop up error message which I indicated to them.  I just heard back from Antares support and they said that I should reach out to Bandlab Cakewalk support with the error message and the .dmp file (which I had already done) since this error seems to be common among Cakewalk users and not exclusive to their plugin.   Again, they say that Bandlab Cakewalk is not offically supported and as such they will not be able to help me further.

Here are the links they sent me that cover similar crash issues in Bandlab Cakewalk:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/topic/79997-auto-tune-artist-crash-detected/#comment-554018

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/topic/55815-crash-after-error-code-c0000005/

My guess here is that one of the recent Bandlab Cakewalk updates things got broke.

I've reached out again to Bandlab Cakewalk support with zero response...

FWIW I've found Antares plugins have never played well with SONAR/Cakewalk/Sonar.  

I've set the three Antares plugins I've got to use JBridge, and this solves it for me, although it does mean I'm stuck to using the VST2 versions.