Awakening

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Nice job and very creative. The vocal harmonies remind me of a mix of Utopia and They Might Be Giants. Definitely cool and off the beaten path. Kudos. 

Thank you for your comments!!  Being compared to Utopia is probably about the coolest thing in the world!

• Like 1

Who would have thought someone would write a song about a telecommunications satellite? Oh wait, there was a song in the 60s called Telstar (and there's a nod to that song here - pretty sure I had that 45 way back then.) You come up with some interesting subjects Steve. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Steve . . . brilliant and upbeat ! Yes, it was a colourful time with a lot of things changing, despite the black & white. You've painted a very positive vibe of how technology unites the world. Musically, your guitars are excellent, mix is very balanced . . . just a great production, and FUN to watch and listen to !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Who would have thought someone would write a song about a telecommunications satellite? Oh wait, there was a song in the 60s called Telstar (and there's a nod to that song here - pretty sure I had that 45 way back then.) You come up with some interesting subjects Steve. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn - yes!  The first thing that was done in this song was the synth that sounds like that old Tornadoes song Telstar (Z3TA plugin with Cream Poly setting) - it reminded me of the tone they got - and things developed from there.  I read up on that old song, and it was written by a guy named Joe Meek.  Evidently, he went a bit crazy.  His landlady used to bang on his ceiling when the music got too loud, and one day she came down to complain about it - he shot her and then he shot himself.  

Thanks for listening and leaving a comment!

Steve

• Like 1

11 hours ago, noynekker said:

Steve . . . brilliant and upbeat ! Yes, it was a colourful time with a lot of things changing, despite the black & white. You've painted a very positive vibe of how technology unites the world. Musically, your guitars are excellent, mix is very balanced . . . just a great production, and FUN to watch and listen to !

Thanks for the nice comment Bruce, I really appreciate it!

Steve

On 7/16/2024 at 12:32 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Killer intro! Mix is pristine and vocals are great. Love the lyrics!  Nickie bangs his shoe, lol!

I was happy I found a video of that that I could include in my video!  I guess you can find just about everything on Youtube now.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 8:02 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Fabulous, Steve!  Those were the days, weren't they?  You keep surprising me time and again.  Your creativity is a deep well.

Hi Lynn - I look back fondly on the 60s (and 70s) - While there were problems, they seem minor now compared to all the positive stuff that happened to advance us.

Steve