(not a deal) Any way to donate to this part of the forum? I never want to see it die.

GTsongwriter

14 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I sometimes think @jude77, who shared that he's a retired psychologist, could easily unretire and have a full portfolio clients to treat from all with our sample and plugin hoarding . But then I realize, he's one of us too, with the same gear addiction. ;)

If you only knew!  Just yesterday I was contemplating buying yet another HD to hold samples.  And that's just for the xylophones . . . .  

I enjoy this forum immensely.   Originally, I came for the deals, but I've stayed for the good vibes.  I was telling my wife about it recently and said, "It's just a great bunch of folks who tend to be very supportive, encouraging and respectful of each other.  I truly enjoy spending a few minutes with them each day"   I offer thanks to everyone who makes this such a great place, and to @cclarry in particular, who consistently demonstrates such a generous spirit by posting these deals.  I'm sure it takes a LOT of his time but he does it graciously and without complaint.  

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, jude77 said:

If you only knew!  Just yesterday I was contemplating buying yet another HD to hold samples.  And that's just for the xylophones . . . .  

I enjoy this forum immensely.   Originally, I came for the deals, but I've stayed for the good vibes.  I was telling my wife about it recently and said, "It's just a great bunch of folks who tend to be very supportive, encouraging and respectful of each other.  I truly enjoy spending a few minutes with them each day"   I offer thanks to everyone who makes this such a great place, and to @cclarry in particular, who consistently demonstrates such a generous spirit by posting these deals.  I'm sure it takes a LOT of his time but he does it graciously and without complaint.  

Larry's exceptional. The Michael Jordan of the forum (although much nicer to his team mates). 

Joke domain names if BandLab ever closes down the forum (join in folks): 

- Larrysville.com

- TangentTown.com

- GASville.com

- GasRus.com

- Gastopia.com

Edited by PavlovsCat

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, antler said:

I actually prefer it this way. After all, a deal's a deal - it doesn't matter which shop is hosting it. A lot of the best deals are on JRR; the only difference is that it's not explicitly in the title.

(P.S. I'm just making an observation; I'm not asking for or suggesting anything be changed.)

I haven't recognized any deals from JRR lately, but then again, I'm only looking for certain brands I currently trust since America banned Kaspersky Antivirus, I'm only installing from vendors I currently own.

Edited by El Diablo
Removed politician

7 hours ago, cclarry said:

THAT is the reason I do it that way.  If I were to put them all in one post from PB, then you'd have to look through EVERYTHING in that post to see if there
is anything that you would be interested in.  If they are in individuals posts, then you just bypass all the stuff you're not interested in and keep right on going.

At least someone hinted that when you say Sales Exclusive, it means it's from Plugin Boutique.

I now understand why you do it per post instead of all in one post.

On the phone, I can't seem to X-Ray the post before going into the post.  X-Ray requires a mouse.

Reason I hate Plugin Boutique is how frustrating it is when they aren't transparent on thier prices.  You see: starting at $9, but when you go into the page is actually $99.  The $9 is for a totally different product!  It is so frustrating that I promise to never give them any of my money no matter how good a deal they have!  Plugin Boutique is on my blacklist!

27 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I haven't recognized any deals from JRR lately, but then again, I'm only looking for certain brands I currently trust since America [POLITICIAN'S NAME REMOVED]  banned Kaspersky Antivirus, I'm only installing from vendors I currently own.

Don't do it guys! [All hell breaks lose.] Let's all pretend we didn't just see a politician's name mentioned here. Part of what makes this forum healthy, as Starship Krupa pointed out above, is staying away from political discussions. Back in college, I greatly enjoyed political  ideology, philosophy. and religion classes and discussions. After seeing how toxic social media has become with people who can't discuss such topics with any degree of intellectual depth or civility, I generally avoid public discussions of any of the above. That's a good policy here too, whether you and I share the same ideological views or have different ones. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Don't do it guys! [All hell breaks lose.] Let's all pretend we didn't just see a politician's name mentioned here. Part of what makes this forum healthy, as Starship Krupa pointed out above, is staying away from political discussions. Back in college, I greatly enjoyed political  ideology, philosophy. and religion classes and discussions. After seeing how toxic social media has become with people who can't discuss such topics with any degree of intellectual depth or civility, I generally avoid public discussions of any of the above. That's a good policy here too, whether you and I share the same ideological views or have different ones. 

You quoted me word for word... Do you want me and you too remove it before it becomes trouble?

BTW, I have never voted.  I don't get involved unless it ruins my life like banning software I use and paid money for.

Edited by El Diablo

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

You quoted me word for word... Do you want me and you too remove it before it becomes trouble?

Only if you wanted. My only concern is that it could trigger some folks here. This political year on the forum is much better than the last US presidential election year when several forum members were occasionally making political commentary in the forum and remarks that were intolerant of certain minority groups.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Only if you wanted. My only concern is that it could trigger some folks here. This political year on the forum is much better than the last US presidential election year when several forum members were occasionally making political commentary in the forum and remarks that were intolerant of certain minority groups.

I have forgotten this forums policy when posting angrily about a software I paid for and the government bans it and won't refund me my hundreds of dollars!

It might be a great idea. I've already removed his name 

Edited by El Diablo

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I have forgotten this forums policy when posting angrily about a software I paid for and the government bans it and won't refund me my hundreds of dollars!

It might be a great idea. I've already removed his name 

I removed the name. Sorry about the software situation. I agree that being stuck with software that was banned is a lousy situation. 

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

I removed the name. Sorry about the software situation. I agree that being stuck with software that was banned is a lousy situation. 

The way you removed it... LoL.. that might provoke people further?  Especially if they know the situation.  I hope someone changes the topic when they post next... Maybe they'll over look it while skimming.

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The way you removed it... LoL.. that might provoke people further?  Especially if they know the situation.  I hope someone changes the topic when they post next... Maybe they'll over look it while skimming.

Let's change the topic now. What are some of your favorite aspects of the forum that you haven't discussed? I actually like how we often all go off on stream of conscience off topic conversations in groups. There are some forums where people get upset when they see that, but here, everybody does it. And I think it can be a lot of fun, and also, it's kind and respectful of each other. Like now, you wanted to go off on to another topic -- and I've got your back! :)

50 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I haven't recognized any deals from JRR lately, but then again, I'm only looking for certain brands I currently trust since America banned Kaspersky Antivirus, I'm only installing from vendors I currently own.

Fair enough. Just bear in mind JRR is a reseller that usually discounts when others also discount. If you'd rather bypass it, please simply ignore this comment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

One thing I would love is a star system, Larry granting Larries to deals, according to his own preference. 
From 5 ‘Larries’ to one!

It's actually technically,  pretty easy to implement. As much as you're having fun, I think it actually would be very cool to have a deal rating system. I could just imagine the best of the best deals getting something like a "Golden Larry", whereas the duds would get the equivalent of the Raspberries, maybe Larry's thumb down or Larry holding his nose. Any illustrators in the group?  This needs to be a thing. 

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

It's actually technically,  pretty easy to implement. As much as you're having fun, I think it actually would be very cool to have a deal rating system.

No need for fancy implementations. I'm sure what Larry does is already a lot of work, so this is not a request of any kind. But if Larry wanted to, it's not to hard to add the rating as part of the text, e.g.

8/10

or

On 7/15/2024 at 12:43 PM, Brian Lawler said:

Start the project!  Getting constant "500 error too many connections" past couple days.  

Yeah, I see at the bottom of the page it reads, "Powered by Invision Community," but with how often this forum goes down, I think they'd be wise to remove that.  In any event, we all know that -- most importantly -- this forum is powered by cclarry. 

Edited by PavlovsCat