(not a deal) Any way to donate to this part of the forum? I never want to see it die.

GTsongwriter

Like, the few times it died for a day or two really kills me. I really enjoy reading thru these deals and sharing my thoughts, and reading others thoughts and opinions.

I want to do my best to help keep it going, if there's anything that can help keep this going, please do say so.

Thank you all!

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Like, the few times it died for a day or two really kills me. I really enjoy reading thru these deals and sharing my thoughts, and reading others thoughts and opinions.

I want to do my best to help keep it going, if there's anything that can help keep this going, please do say so.

Thank you all!

Buy the company.

• Great Idea 3
  • Haha 9

A very sweet and touching message, El Diablo.  We are here for deals, but it's nice when people share a little about themselves and show kindness and friendship. Like you, I appreciate and enjoy that too. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

The best way to keep it going is to use it as intended in a respectful way. Contribute, thank those who contribute in ways that help you, and have respect for those who continue to host it. Treat your fellow forum contributors (and heaven knows how many lurkers) with kindness and respect the forum rules about personal/political/religious attacks. If you're a user of Cakewalk by BandLab and/or SONAR or Sonar, visit the other forums on this site and help users with their issues (which is the overall purpose this site is supposed to serve). Beat not the dead horses.

In this forum we're allowed free rein to advocate for the purchase of other companies' products, even ones that compete with BandLab's. I don't know if that's something you'll find elsewhere.

If you want to thank the people that make it possible, I believe that @Jesse Jost is the BandLab employee who has the most to do with it, and then there are moderators. I'm not sure who all of the mods are, but @Wookiee in particular recently suffered a devastating personal loss and has continued to soldier on.

They would probably like to be told how much you appreciate the (unpaid in the case of the moderators) work they have done and continue to do to make it possible.

As for me, almost entirely thanks to this forum I've managed to assemble a vast assortment of industry powerhouse tools that far exceed my ability (and time) to make use of them. In my life and creative and professional pursuits, knowing that I have the best tools possible is freeing. If I see or hear something that I would like to incorporate into my own work, I know that the people who made it don't have any magic toys beyond what I have. Since I'm old enough to remember when one visit to a professional studio to make a 4 song demo cost as much as I've spent on my entire collection of music software, this is all like a dream world. If an experienced professional engineer were to sit down at my DAW computer, they might even be impressed, although they might notice the relative absence of Waves and UAD products.

So I thank my fellow forum participants for sharing what they know. Moreover, I've managed to avoid lasting beefs with anyone despite what I'm sure are divergent political views between me and multiple others. But political opinions are merely one aspect of what makes up a person, and I believe that the things people have in common should be emphasized.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

That's a great message, Starship Krupa. Very well said and I agree wholeheartedly. 

Every day is a new beginning and opportunity. Life is short. Kindness matters,  even in our little GAS related forum. Peace to all. 

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

The best way to keep it going is to use it as intended in a respectful way. Contribute, thank those who contribute in ways that help you, and have respect for those who continue to host it. Treat your fellow forum contributors (and heaven knows how many lurkers) with kindness and respect the forum rules about personal/political/religious attacks. If you're a user of Cakewalk by BandLab and/or SONAR or Sonar, visit the other forums on this site and help users with their issues (which is the overall purpose this site is supposed to serve). Beat not the dead horses.

In this forum we're allowed free rein to advocate for the purchase of other companies' products, even ones that compete with BandLab's. I don't know if that's something you'll find elsewhere.

If you want to thank the people that make it possible, I believe that @Jesse Jost is the BandLab employee who has the most to do with it, and then there are moderators. I'm not sure who all of the mods are, but @Wookiee in particular recently suffered a devastating personal loss and has continued to soldier on.

They would probably like to be told how much you appreciate the (unpaid in the case of the moderators) work they have done and continue to do to make it possible.

As for me, almost entirely thanks to this forum I've managed to assemble a vast assortment of industry powerhouse tools that far exceed my ability (and time) to make use of them. In my life and creative and professional pursuits, knowing that I have the best tools possible is freeing. If I see or hear something that I would like to incorporate into my own work, I know that the people who made it don't have any magic toys beyond what I have. Since I'm old enough to remember when one visit to a professional studio to make a 4 song demo cost as much as I've spent on my entire collection of music software, this is all like a dream world. If an experienced professional engineer were to sit down at my DAW computer, they might even be impressed, although they might notice the relative absence of Waves and UAD products.

So I thank my fellow forum participants for sharing what they know. Moreover, I've managed to avoid lasting beefs with anyone despite what I'm sure are divergent political views between me and multiple others. But political opinions are merely one aspect of what makes up a person, and I believe that the things people have in common should be emphasized.

Uhh for this part of the forum Larry is it, there would be little to see without his tireless efforts.  

I appreciate lots of contributions, but Larry is the singular figure that does the leg work to discover and post content us others get the conversations going. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

this part of the forum Larry is it, there would be little to see without his tireless efforts.  

I appreciate lots of contributions, but Larry is the singular figure that does the leg work to discover and post content

Larry is the man, no doubt, and things do tend to slow waaaaay down when he takes breaks but sometimes other people come up with stuff. Sometimes. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Larry is the man, no doubt, and things do tend to slow waaaaay down when he takes breaks but sometimes other people come up with stuff. Sometimes. ?

Without Larry there isn't enough new content to check this sub forum 20 times a day.   

Us regulars would have to find a different section to add our commentaries in and without a deal to discuss we would be reverting to music or tools of creation discussions and where is the addiction in that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Without Larry there isn't enough new content to check this sub forum 20 times a day.   

Us regulars would have to find a different section to add our commentaries in and without a deal to discuss we would be reverting to music or tools of creation discussions and where is the addiction in that?

I sometimes think @jude77, who shared that he's a retired psychologist, could easily unretire and have a full portfolio clients to treat from all with our sample and plugin hoarding . But then I realize, he's one of us too, with the same gear addiction. ;)

That said, this year I've actually only made several library and plugin purchases in total and most of it has been really inexpensive. I'm getting better at managing my GAS. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I enjoy Larry’s deal findings.

Edited by El Diablo
Edited because it was rude.
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

While I enjoy Larry’s deal findings, My biggest gripe is when it’s all from the same place (like Plugin Boutique) back to back for a whole page. ?

Hey, don't kill the good vibes you started! Larry's awesome.  I don't care where he finds deals from, all that matters is that he finds great deals.  No one should complain about what he's doing. He's not getting paid and he makes this place what it is. He's incredibly prolific at deal posting. 

Don't get me wrong,  we all add something important to the mix, but Larry is the foundation of this subforum. Without Larry none of this would exist at the level it's presently at. We all owe him our gratitude for making this forum what it is. All hail, Larry! He's superb. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

15 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Hey, don't kill the good vibes you started! Larry's awesome.  I don't care where he finds deals from, all that matters is that he finds great deals.  No one should complain about what he's doing. He's not getting paid and he makes this place what it is. He's incredibly prolific at deal posting. 

Don't get me wrong,  we all add something important to the mix, but Larry is the foundation of this subforum. Without Larry none of this would exist at the level it's presently at. We all owe him our gratitude for making this forum what it is. All hail, Larry! He's superb. 

Your right, I agent be killing it. Sorry. Removed it from comments.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Yes, thx all here for sharing so much, nice place ?

Question: do we have a plan B if this forum should close ("suddently") for any reason ? Where could / would we meet again? 

Keep up the good work and tone ?

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I appreciate it when deals from the same retailer are posted individually because it makes it easier to search by scrolling titles.

THAT is the reason I do it that way.  If I were to put them all in one post from PB, then you'd have to look through EVERYTHING in that post to see if there
is anything that you would be interested in.  If they are in individuals posts, then you just bypass all the stuff you're not interested in and keep right on going.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

If they are in individuals posts, then you just bypass all the stuff you're not interested in and keep right on going.

I actually prefer it this way. After all, a deal's a deal - it doesn't matter which shop is hosting it. A lot of the best deals are on JRR; the only difference is that it's not explicitly in the title.

(P.S. I'm just making an observation; I'm not asking for or suggesting anything be changed.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

THAT is the reason I do it that way.  If I were to put them all in one post from PB, then you'd have to look through EVERYTHING in that post to see if there
is anything that you would be interested in.  If they are in individuals posts, then you just bypass all the stuff you're not interested in and keep right on going.

Yep, and if you just posted "PluginBoutique has some great deals", we might as well just go check out the PB site, which is what I used to do...

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1