PA ANY Plugin $29.99 back for 96 hrs only

Larry Shelby

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

*All plugins except the following are part of the ANY PLUGIN $29.99 offer:
bx_glue, Bettermaker BM60, THX Spatial Creator, Unfiltered Audio Battalion, bx_XL V3, Lindell MU-66, ADPTR AUDIO HYPE, all plugins from: Three-Body Technology, iZotope, Native Instruments; all PA_EXT products.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

I find it amusing how plugins that were salivated over and regarded as hot not that long ago appear to go out of fashion.
As the multitudes who desired them have acquired their fill (or burned out on offerings from a particular developer) they appear to either stop viewing related threads or stop contributing - what's left are often less than positive endorsements.

$29 is not a bad price; it may not be a nice as some of pricing combos we were able to manipulate in the past but it's not bad.  For items that rarely go on sale it's your chance to get forever $29 pricing.
 I'm thinking of possible picking up NEOLD U2A. Don't really need yet another LA2A mutation, but still I'm considering it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I'm thinking of possible picking up NEOLD U2A. Don't really need yet another LA2A mutation, but still I'm considering it.

I agree, this is an interesting one and if I would not have to pay additional taxes (as you?) or had a voucher I probably picked this one! Though as you, I have too many optical compressors already!

Also, I have to admit that I already own quite a lot of PA stuff. And I don't like some of the newer ones (some are quite cpu hungrig).

If I look at their plugin updates though, as a Windows user I am really disappointed! The last 4 years they almost only worked for MacApple! Not that I am one of those that claim constant updates, no, I am happy if a plugin works as it should, but some of their older ones could gain with a larger UI (or resizing) and some need efficiency improvement!

These are my 2 cents!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CSistine said:

If I look at their plugin updates though, as a Windows user I am really disappointed! The last 4 years they almost only worked for MacApple! Not that I am one of those that claim constant updates, no, I am happy if a plugin works as it should, but some of their older ones could gain with a larger UI (or resizing) and some need efficiency improvement!

PA is terrible at announcing their Windows updates.
I always reinstall the whole set at least once a year (or whenever I pick up a new one**) and when I do I find that most have been touched (newer file dates, different files sizes).   
Use the Plugin Alliance Installation Manager and reinstall all your PA PC plugins - I just did that and noticed that a number of them were half the size of what I previously had.  Sorry I should have grabbed a screen shot - since I store my PA VST3s in a "PluginAlliance" subfolder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\PluginAlliance) I can see the differences between what I just installed and what I had, before I move the new ones over.
**BTW I did end up picking up U2A.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

I'd say that Unfiltered Audio BYOME and TRIAD are worth that fee. TRIAD is BYOME with multiband functionality.

Sort of Snap Heap meets MeldaProduction meets Glitchmachines.

The insane versatility and depth of MeldaProduction multi parameter/modulation options, choose the blocks you want in any order like Snap Heap and the capacity for sheer weirdness of Glitchmachines.

I snarfed so many plug-ins for so little cash from PA that my perspective on their monetary worth is broken.

• Like 5

On 7/14/2024 at 5:35 AM, TheSteven said:

I find it amusing how plugins that were salivated over and regarded as hot not that long ago appear to go out of fashion.
As the multitudes who desired them have acquired their fill (or burned out on offerings from a particular developer) they appear to either stop viewing related threads or stop contributing - what's left are often less than positive endorsements.

$29 is not a bad price; it may not be a nice as some of pricing combos we were able to manipulate in the past but it's not bad.  For items that rarely go on sale it's your chance to get forever $29 pricing.

I still really like a bunch of my PA plugins and they still get a lot of use. For me, I've cooled on them for a few reasons.. they didn't really branch out and get creative, it was just more channel strips, compressors, EQs. They really already covered that base well that it's hard to see a need to buy a bunch of these new ones from them, especially when we were picking up all the old ones at such crazy sale prices. If I hadn't, then some of their new stuff would be pretty appealing. There are a couple of plugins from them on my list that I may buy if they tempt me enough with a better sale price. But definitely not in a hurry.

I think I love just about all that Neold stuff.. I've even considered that one too and definitely don't need it ?

Edited by MusicMan
Typos
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, CSistine said:

These are my 2 cents!

Sometimes I wonder just how many extra updates for major features, GUI improvements, optimizations and new plugins we would all have if it wasn't for all the developers needing to constantly divert resources just to appease Apple updates.. They really do take up the lion share every time an Apple update breaks something.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Sometimes I wonder just how many extra updates for major features, GUI improvements, optimizations and new plugins we would all have if it wasn't for all the developers needing to constantly divert resources just to appease Apple updates.. They really do take up the lion share every time an Apple update breaks something.

Same.

I also wonder whether the advances I've seen with my two main DAW's (Cakewalk and Mixcraft) would be as far along if they had to bother with chasing Apples.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I've cooled on them for a few reasons.. they didn't really branch out and get creative, it was just more channel strips, compressors, EQs.

As I mentioned earlier, they do have Unfiltered Audio, whose plug-ins are about as creative as they come, and who continue to release new ones at least yearly.

If you're referring specifically to Brainworx, I agree. How many variations on bx_masterdesk does the world need?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

As I mentioned earlier, they do have Unfiltered Audio, whose plug-ins are about as creative as they come, and who continue to release new ones at least yearly.

If you're referring specifically to Brainworx, I agree. How many variations on bx_masterdesk does the world need?

I have them almost all of Unfiltered Audio, including Triad and Byome, which I got for a comically cheap price in one of my funniest PA deals ever ? 

If they didn't have them in their stables, it would be much worse. I would actually like to see more instruments from PA too. Some of the synths they do are really quite good. I had been expecting PPG to pop up soon, but like their mastering DAW they promised, they both seem like vapourware.

I guess if they didn't have to keep fixing for Apple updates we might have had both, but it's hard to know. We also might just have more channel strips, compressors and EQs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

their mastering DAW they promised

Funny about those vaporDAW's, isn't it? Behringer has/had one.

Maybe it's way more difficult to come up with one than the people who make the announcements expect.

I don't know how long the bakers were working on Next before the first builds were dropped to the beta team, but the beta team had it for a good long time before last year's announcement. And Next is a DAW made by people who already had decades of experience in the craft.

We do know that it took years after the MacOS release for UAD to get LUNA to open beta on Windows. Of course, some of that time was probably devoted to re-coding LUNA to run on Apple Silicon....

In a year or so when they remove the exception on the Unfiltered Audio Battalion+LION two-fer, I'll likely snag that.

I'm a 'ho for wacky drum machines, and this looks like UfA's take on Break Tweaker.

I wasn't impressed with LION when I demo'd it. It ate too many resources.

Edited by Starship Krupa