(not a deal) Is https://www.bhphotovideo.com a legitimate website or a scam website?

GTsongwriter

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

They are legit.  Been around for many years.  When I was into photography I bought from them often.  Not so much software, but that is where I bought FL Studio several years ago.

I was just about to post something very similar. I was a photographer when I was younger and bought from them. Totally legit. 

Definitely fake because when I went there in person first time I visited NYC nothing was on display , wasted a taxi ride hahah

they are legit but I’m still sore about  that haha

Edited by kevin H
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Definitely fake because when I went there in person first time I visited NYC nothing was on display , wasted a taxi ride hahah

That would be disappointing!

You wouldn't think your local music shop would be more exciting to visit... But then that's probably how they keep their prices low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Depends on where your interest is (and when you went for that first visit).  But for photographers it crushes any local store.  

KEH has more used gear but they literally don't have a real storefront with things in display.  

BH has quite a bit on display now and a very unique conveyor belt system visible in the ceiling. 

Of course if you look at everything they have online and expect to have Noah's Arc with two of every kind in display...that wouldn't be practical with the location costs in NYC.

• Like 1

This was a long time ago and was only looking at music gear.  I really wanted to try out a synth I had my eye on and had seen in their catalog but when I got there nothing was on display.  Probably things are different now. I ended up going to Sam Ash and Guitar center which was more the experience I was imagining in my head heheh. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bluzdog said:

Definitely legit. What are the deals?

I was thinking of buying the Zoom H1n.  Is on sale for $59.99 on that website. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381744-REG/zoom_zh1n_h1n_handy_recorder.html

A lot of times, I see deals that go deeper discounted than this making me wonder each time.  So, I finally asked y'all.

I'm thinking of trying out... Going outside to record stuff, then create sounds from it and put stuff into a kontakt library. .... Either that or create my own VST3 plugins, which is a headache to create. I have created a few for myself.  It's a pain, but doable.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Snap.  Thought he said the company turned 50...?

On another level, this group (including yours truly) is getting up there. I wonder,  if like myself,  a lot of us are musicians who used to play semi professionally or professionally years ago who now do music as a hobby in our middle age. I know that Bapu, cclarry and a couple of others are. A bunch of the friends I've made back on KVR are too. 

I've always wanted to do a poll on that, but I realize this is the deals forum,  so I'd need a clever way to tie it in. 

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I was thinking of buying the Zoom H1n.  Is on sale for $59.99 on that website. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381744-REG/zoom_zh1n_h1n_handy_recorder.html

A lot of times, I see deals that go deeper discounted than this making me wonder each time.  So, I finally asked y'all.

I'm thinking of trying out... Going outside to record stuff, then create sounds from it and put stuff into a kontakt library. .... Either that or create my own VST3 plugins, which is a headache to create. I have created a few for myself.  It's a pain, but doable.

I bought one of them months ago around that price to compare it to my OG H1.

This H1n is being discontinued, this the discount.

Look up h1essential to see the replacement.

Sound quality in these isn't great.  I only use them in situations where real mics are impractical due to everything else I may be doing (multiple video cameras, or have to have all gear on a single hand held camera where this might end up on a hot shoe.  

If you are going outside with it you will also want a wind protector.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

On another level, this group (including yours truly) is getting up there. I wonder,  if like myself,  a lot of us are musicians who used to play semi professionally or professionally years ago who now do music as a hobby in our middle age. I know that Bapu, cclarry and a couple of others are. A bunch of the friends I've made back on KVR are too. 

I've always wanted to do a poll on that, but I realize this is the deals forum,  so I'd need a clever way to tie it in. 

I think this deals forum has become more than just a deals forum, yet I think Wookiee might disagree?  I think, Wookiee (or someone else), keeps smashing some of our fun topics that take off down the rabbit hole, cause lots of those "rabbit hole" topics just disappear into thin air!  .... Hint hint wink wink.  Kind of wish whom ever is doing that could just move the topic into a sub topic for this deals forum called "down the rabbit hole". ?

Just now, El Diablo said:

I think this deals forum has become more than just a deals forum, yet I think Wookiee might disagree?  I think, Wookiee (or someone else), keeps smashing some of our fun topics that take off down the rabbit hole, cause lots of those "rabbit hole" topics just disappear into thin air!  .... Hint hint wink wink.  Kind of wish whom ever is doing that could just move the topic into a sub topic for this deals forum called "down the rabbit hole". ?

Wookie does a great job. As long as we're respectful to each other and don't violate forum policies,  I think we're good. But most of us -- you and me included -- go off topic all the time and most people go with us. It's part of the vibe of the forum that I really like.