Problem on saving midifles.

Noticed that sometimes when working with midifles.. With markers etc... When saving then load again events sometimes get a slide on time.... Even markers... Noticed this behavioir on cakewalk and sonar too....

Edited by Marco Marujo

16 hours ago, Marco Marujo said:

Noticed that sometimes when working with midifles.. With markers etc... When saving then load again events sometimes get a slide on time.... Even markers... Noticed this behavioir on cakewalk and sonar too....

Are these MIDI Format 0 or MIDI Format 1?
Are you opening from the Windows browser, dragging them in from the browser, or using the Import controls in Sonar?

I have to be careful; I don't have Sonar and am going by old knowledge, from Music Creator, Home Studio, X3 and CbB. I probably shouldn't post here until I know more about the new program.  ? But, I think how and what you're doing is relevant. 

Edited by 57Gregy
goofed already.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Are these MIDI Format 0 or MIDI Format 1?
Are you opening from the Windows browser, dragging them in from the browser, or using the Import controls in Sonar?

I have to be careful; I don't have Sonar and am going by old knowledge, from Music Creator, Home Studio, X3 and CbB. I probably shouldn't post here until I know more about the new program.  ? But, I think how and what you're doing is relevant. 

Normally i use type 1 midifiles.....open midi from sonar file command, it just happens with some midis,,,,,on saving the midi data.... on those specific midis i use cubase for editing and all goes well... but i prefer sonar or cakewalk. 

Edited by Marco Marujo

5 hours ago, John Vere said:

To save instruments and settings you have to save as a Project CWP file. 
Midi files are just midi data. 

Well i know that... i make my own arrangements.... this problem is specific to midifiles...