New $25 PA Vouchers sent out!

cclarry

With all the stuff I've bought from them over the years, I've only received ONE voucher.... and that's only because I asked why I never get 'em.  

*checks email*

Nope, no love for me either. ? 

• Sad 1

I guess their newsletter and voucher system is corrupted after their acquisition with NI.

I have a forgotten account with my personal mail address which doesn’t have any order history or licenses and recently I realized it’s getting vouchers regularly. 

My main account owns tens of licenses and an almost monthly order history is out of newsletter and vouchers for long time. Even I mailed support about it many times they just apologized and gifted a 25 voucher once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

How does one get a voucher?  I've purchased so many plugins from them, yet I haven't received any vouchers for months.

They only count recent purchases. You can own literally 100% of their lineup and not get vouchers if you didn’t spend a certain amount in the past 12 months or so.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jngnz said:

They only count recent purchases. You can own literally 100% of their lineup and not get vouchers if you didn’t spend a certain amount in the past 12 months or so.

Ahhh... I see.  Good to know.  Thanks!

I'm glad I got everything I wanted from PA some years ago when monthly vouchers were global and they had no-minimum ones that they kept resetting on some holidays. Their price model lately is such a switch over considering the biggest amount I've spent was $29 to get Kirchhoff EQ via Forever 29 plan. All the other stuff was $15 each and some were 0, and I always applied some sort of voucher because it was a part of the whole process which they promoted.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what I hate more: PA marketing or the "plugins shouldn't cost more than $29 lol“ mentality.

That's a piece of software that someone or multiple people likely spent tens of thousands of hours on, paid and unpaid. If you can't afford $99+ plugins, fair enough, I understand, but don’t act like the world owes you $29 plugins.

• Like 1

But when a price error happens, where is that “think of the devs” moment?

I feel it’s right to discuss past prices and see how they shifted because that’s a strong deciding factor when considering whether to buy a particular plugin at that specific moment. Sure, they don’t owe us anything, but the bargain mindset will always aim for the best bang for the buck, aren't we on this forum for that reason? Logically, If a developer and seller de-value the product to such a low price, it makes sense to aim for that price again in the future.

Anyways, a bit off-topic. Long live PA! ?

Edited by solema
  • Like 1

Frankly, usually I purchased at low prices and with vouchers from PA, but it was only some kind of deal picking, I didn't really need those plugins! I wouldn't have more than 100 of their plugins, if the prices were/are above $30 (inc 25% VAT). In the case of above $30 prices maybe I would have purchased only 5 ones. So in the end it's been a big business for PA anyway, because 100 * $18 (my average) is much more than 5 * $100!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

I'm not sure what I hate more: PA marketing or the "plugins shouldn't cost more than $29 lol“ mentality.

That's a piece of software that someone or multiple people likely spent tens of thousands of hours on, paid and unpaid. If you can't afford $99+ plugins, fair enough, I understand, but don’t act like the world owes you $29 plugins.

Tens of thousands of hours is a gross overstatement for these that hit $30 with PA.  

Many of their plugins are even reusing code.  

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1