Nomad Factory British Bundle V2 Released for $29

cclarry

Yesterday I was doing a comparison on LP/HP cpu usage with all of my EQs and Strips (at least the ones I use). The absolute winner was the British NEQ-1972! I fear with the new version that's not longer true!

By the way the worst was PAs bx_cleansweep (I was surprised)!

Just now, CSistine said:

By the way the worst was PAs bx_cleansweep (I was surprised)!

Interesting! I find PA's plugins to be highly CPU efficient.  A little less so compared to NF, ToneBoosters (v2 and v3, which are now free), and, of course, Overloud. My guess is that bx_cleansweap was one of their first plugins and still has a lot of legacy amateurish code.

58 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Interesting! I find PA's plugins to be highly CPU efficient.  A little less so compared to NF, ToneBoosters (v2 and v3, which are now free), and, of course, Overloud. My guess is that bx_cleansweap was one of their first plugins and still has a lot of legacy amateurish code.

I think conversely, i.e. they let a younger, amateurish person do the newest changes! No joking aside! Frankly I see that the usage of almost all newer framework libraries causes too much inefficiency! Sadly this development has begun long ago and it consumes more power than the hardware improvements deliver!

And yes, ToneBoosters are still on top regarding efficiency, even their newest plugin versions! Also Tokyo Dawn Labs, Melda, eaReckon, TBProAudio are on top of my efficiency list. It is interesting that these are all providers with user-friendly authorization, by chance?

1 hour ago, CSistine said:

The absolute winner was the British NEQ-1972! I fear with the new version that's not longer true!

I've tested the new version and I have to admit that the increase of the consumption is not that much (about +50%). Compared to other providers it is still the most efficient EQ plugin (of my list) in respect to LP/HP.

• Like 1