APL VIRTUOSO - $149.00

Heath Row

Best New Plugin Of 2023 Chosen By

image.png.0e053ab6d6750330bd8cdf5748ce6297.png

APL VIRTUOSO is a cutting-edge binaural audio renderer that virtualises
stereo or immersive loudspeaker setups and listening rooms for headphone
listening, with an unprecedented level of tonal/spatial fidelity and a highly
accurate translation to real loudspeakers.

KEY BENEFITS:

Realistic virtual immersive mix/listening rooms, which can be customised acoustically for your own or other rooms.
Effective externalisation and accurate localisation of virtual loudspeakers – essential for making correct mix decisions on headphones.
Excellent tonal naturalness – just like listening to premium loudspeakers in real life.
Highly accurate translation to real loudspeakers.
Less headphone listening fatigue.

MAIN FEATURES:

Available as AAX, VST3, AU and Standalone app.
53 loudspeaker configurations from mono to 26 channels, including allpopular immersive audio formats, e.g. ITU-R, Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D,MPEG-H and regular arrays for Ambisonics).
Seven presets of scientifically tuned virtual rooms.
Customisable acoustic parameters.
Built-in and custom (SOFA) HRTFs.
Head tracking (OSC and manual).
Routing matrix with solo, mute and level controls.
Downmix options.
Headphone compensation EQ (98 models + Custom filter .wav file loading feature).
Loudspeaker on-axis response modelling EQ (11 models).

https://apl-hud.com/product/virtuoso/

• Like 2

For anyone interested in this type of stuff, this is awesome. The control you have over the placement and move ability of your sounds/tracks is mind blowing. You can have it all 'mixed'? down to 'stereo'?, the actual word evades me at the moment. But you can have things convincingly move all around, left, right(duh) up, down, front, back, movement throughout, it's truly an experience while in the DAW world.

Anderton made a comment I think perhaps over on the Studio One forums about this stuff and how it's becoming a requirement, and how due to the way people, especially the younger ones, the up and coming ones, consume, listen to their music, via some form of headphone type of thing, that this is becoming an important part of even pure music applications and not just film etc. Listening to musical examples, songs using these abilities just makes things sound so good, so much better than 'just' stereo. I'll try and find what Anderton wrote about it and post it and the link back here.

I have other plugins that do this type of thing, Studio One Pro 6 also does it natively but I haven't really checked that out as yet, but as for the plugs, this just seems to have an easier, better, more intuitive workflow. Check it out if you can or get the chance. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, antler said:

How does this compare to e.g. DearVR Pro?

Yeah I have all the DearVR stuff, music, mix, PRO, and MONITOR, I think they are all excellent at what they do, I find VIRTUOSO to be easier or more intuitive, feel I guess, and of course sound quality.

Edited by Heath Row

Something I wanted to put in the OP but forgot,

Experts Say

"I thought I was listening to my speakers! Virtuoso fooled me. Amazing
 recreation. We finally have a translation tool that allows mixing with
 headphones".

Bob-Katz-0010-copy-300x300.jpg.ef4312eca1a17e29dc8083e49642002e.jpg

Bob Katz
Mastering and mixing engineer, Author,
 President of Digital Domain

I thought when a dude with a reputation as he has got puts his name behind something, well, I should check it out.

Thanks Heath. Picked this up and is awesome.  Agree virtuoso is more intuitive. 

I learned a lot about it from this guy.  Highly recommended.

I can’t point to his channel so posting one of his video. 

• Like 1