IK New Deals on Modo Bass 2, Modo Drums 1.5 and Modo MAX!

Larry Shelby

Posted (edited)

I used MODO Bass for a light weight bass plugin, mainly for the Hofner,   before OTS released their Hofner library. I was (and still am) extremely impressed with what they've accomplished with modeling and think those are fantastic prices for what you get.  I think MODO Bass is an excellent product. I still find my bass sample libraries have an edge for fullness of tone, but I think a lot of folks would be happy with MODO, especially if they're on a machine that's not very robust. 

I find MODO Drums fairly similar.  I think IK's done a great job, but I'm not going to choose it over SD3 or even better Kontakt drum libraries. But if you're looking for a lightweight alternative for acoustic drums (not as light as the bass, because IK uses samples for the cymbals), I think it's a very solid product. And I'm guessing these products will only get better in the future. 

I'm hoping IK has some deep discounts in the near future for their new piano plugin line. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

One important thing keeps me away from diving deeper into IK's eco system: They don't support offline activation no longer!

I had several issues in the past. The cheeky answers of their support said that it does not work for "current" products, although a) those were older products and b) the description for offline activation is still present on their site!

Together with other issues (installation, authorization) I think, regrettably this company cannot be recommened! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CSistine said:

One important thing keeps me away from diving deeper into IK's eco system: They don't support offline activation no longer!

I had several issues in the past. The cheeky answers of their support said that it does not work for "current" products, although a) those were older products and b) the description for offline activation is still present on their site!

Together with other issues (installation, authorization) I think, regrettably this company cannot be recommened! ?

I'm the opposite on this.  Most of the software I have requires online activation anyway so I've gotten use to it. 

While thy don't get high marks for customer loyalty but then again maybe they with Jam Points that can be used on hardware (try that NI)

I've had support respond within 24 hours.  We have Pete who responds on many forums. 

They are just another developer where there is rarely a middle when it comes to users. It's either love or hate.

My biggest complaint is their software is bloated.  It seems IK is very good at sample modeling yet they don't go in this direction enough.  I love MODO Bass and it's under 1TB.  Look at Toontrack and UJAM, their libraries are not small.

Their licensing is more than fair.  Few remember that it didn't take IK long to ditch iLok.

• Like 2