WHERE HAVE THE COLOURED TRACK AND CONSOLE VIEWS GONE? (SOLVED)

Posted (edited)

In Cakewalk by Bandlab we have the ability to select a colour for the the entire Track and Channel strip views. This feature appears to be missing in the new SONAR.

In SONAR the only colour I can get is a little strip in the left of a Track strip or at the bottom of a Channel strip.

If this feature is indeed missing, I feel it is a gross impairment to work flow in SONAR, especially for us older guys who are not as visually acute as we once were, and we should lobby Cakewalk to get this feature back.

Edited by Waldemar Pawlik

It's in Preferences >> Colors.

I think this has existed in previous versions, but they've changed the default to "off". Which I think is confusing. But the feature is still there.

image.png.5d40a71c19f39453faf315e731356b6a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you

Wow, just goes to show how blind I really am. I thought I totally searched that screen.

Surely a trap for us older guys. Nevertheless, I think that this feature should be on by default 

with the option of turning it off, not this way round.

Day saved! 

Yeah, I agree, I think changes to defaults are always a bit confusing. But to be fair to the developers, it's very rare that they actually remove a feature.

• Waldemar Pawlik changed the title to WHERE HAVE THE COLOURED TRACK AND CONSOLE VIEWS GONE? (SOLVED)