Recording direct to Cakewalk from YouTube, Spotify etc.

Edward Allen

Question

Hi there

Is there a way to record directly from a browser window site such as YouTube or Spotify DIRECTLY into Cakewalk please?

I am a bit bewildered by the range of options for input drivers etc. and just do not know where to start to puzzle this out!

Many thanks in advance

I am using: 

Chrome Browser

Win 11 on a desktop PC

SOUND BLASTERX AE-5 PLUS Sound Card

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Edward Allen said:

Is there a way to record directly from a browser window site such as YouTube or Spotify DIRECTLY into Cakewalk please?

If your sound card/audio interface has a setting like "Stereo Mix" or "What You Hear", as an input, set that and then set Cakewalk's audio track input to the same and it should record everything you hear. I have done that many times.
On W10 here.

soundsettings.jpg

• Like 1

This is a feature you should look for if you purchase a new audio interface. Loopback was initially introduced because you need it for podcasting. But it also makes life simple for recording anything played from other apps and your browser directly into your Daw or audio recordings apps.

In Sonar/Cakewalk/Next it shows as an input option.  I have been recording cover songs directly from You Tube into Cakewalk Next. I then break them into stems using the stem separation tool. Instant backing track to build upon.