Current BandLab membership sale is still on at $112 per year

I paid for one month. I just cancelled my subscription and I'll not subscribe again. If I need to open a .cwp I'll do so with CbB as long as it lives, and after that I'll reinstall SPlat. I'll come back to the "family home" if they offer a perpetual license.

My goal is to convert all necessary .cwp file into Studio One

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

But wait.........we are suppose to justify the cost be relating it to fast food which some of us can't partake.

So it's like buying 3 cases of Sam's Club K-cups which totals out to 300 cups of coffee.

22 bottles of budget wine.

I can't relate it to eggs since the pricing is never consistent

• Haha 2

I plan to use what I have and wait until Black Friday sales. Then I’ll  likely move on to something else.

I don’t feel like I’m owed anything from Cakewalk but I don’t feel like I owe them anything either.

I will not do the subscription thing.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

10 minutes ago, Clint Martin said:

I will not do the subscription thing.

That have been the words of many a poor souls, and yet . . .

Not saying I think that will be you as well, but . . . well, to be honest you are already doing it now and planing further foray in the future, it's a little confusing to a simple man as myself.

38 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

That have been the words of many a poor souls, and yet . . .

Not saying I think that will be you as well, but . . . well, to be honest you are already doing it now and planing further foray in the future, it's a little confusing to a simple man as myself.

It's pretty simple. As long as I have choices, I won't do the subscription thing for a daw. Too many better options currently. Nothing personal.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Living Room Rocker said:

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Did anyone catch that Noel said that this sale is for noobs only, but "It would have been nice if it included existing members but there will be other promos."

As the old Vanilla Fudge Song goes (a remake of The Supremes), "you just keep me hanging on"?

I'm not singing that tune. No SUBS for DAWs for me.

• Like 2

I qualify for the $112 deal but then I would be locked until next July.

They could offer a perpetual license for less when Black Friday comes around.

If so I’ll be interested.

Much like other daws I don’t think these latest versions offer anything better than the previous versions anyway.

3 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

At the end of the subscription do you get to keep the last version of Sonar, just without update or does it just stop working:? 

3 hours ago, Clint Martin said:

From what I understand, it stops working.

That too is my (limited) understanding.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bandlab heavy handedly closing  that thread where @Bapu posted that he isn't interested in a subscription but wants a perpetual license and sought information from BandLab was disappointing, ending my perception that they are a company interested in listening to customers. That wasn’t the reaction of a customer-focused company.  Maybe it was just the reaction of an annoyed mod, but it doesn't reflect well on the brand. 

My only challenge is converting over a bunch of Cakewalk files to another DAW (Studio One Pro). 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Bandlab heavy handedly closing  that thread where @Bapu posted that he isn't interested in a subscription but wants a perpetual license and sought information from BandLab was disappointing, ending my perception that they are a company interested in listening to customers. That wasn’t the reaction of a customer-focused company. 

My only challenge is converting over a bunch of Cakewalk files to another DAW (Studio One Pro). 

Noel must be fully cognizant of discontent cos remember back in the day when they first floated sub model they made sure to include pathway to perpetual if you had paid original price plus year of updates. the big worry back then was something to do with windows limitation that meant users licensce was shown to time out in 2038 or something- something like the y2k windows feature.... anyway it all went ***** up within a year :)

I'm like you guys and wont pay a subscription without a perpetual license being included btw

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Bandlab heavy handedly closing  that thread where @Bapu posted that he isn't interested in a subscription but wants a perpetual license and sought information from BandLab was disappointing, ending my perception that they are a company interested in listening to customers. That wasn’t the reaction of a customer-focused company. 

I think Noel closed the thread because he just got tired hearing the same complaints and negativity ad infinitum.
Noel is well aware (and acknowledged) that many of us are not interested in a subscription model. 
To what degree he has of influencing decisions in that matter I do not know.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I think Noel closed the thread because he just got tired hearing the same complaints and negativity ad infinitum.
Noel is well aware (and acknowledged) that many of us are not interested in a subscription model. 
To what degree he has of influencing decisions in that matter I do not know.

Still. seeing BandLab -- or one of  their  employees  representing the brand  -- close that thread, in effect,  censoring reasonable customers' voices,  was disappointing and unexpected (I never saw any other threads on that topic outside of the deals forum, and I've never seen a BandLab employee respond to any of those threads). Even Waves didn't censor its customers voices when they objected to their going subscription-only. Seeing BandLab censor that conversation damaged my trust in the brand. 

Maybe it was just one employee shutting out the customers' voices, but customer centric brands don't do that and have policies against their employees doing it. I didn't see it coming and it's changed my opinion of BandLab. 

Edited by PavlovsCat