Native Access Updated to 3.12.1

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Can anyone confirm it works ok on Windows? I had to revert back to another previous version, skipping recent updates as it was a mess on my system.

So far, so good for me.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Run Native Access to update

3.12.1 - 2024-07-05

FIXED

Fixed an issue where the application did not start on some Windows system

"I finally got hit with the Native Access hellish nightmare that others have had."

Just one of the quote off their forum regarding Asshat

I was lucky this time that even the previous version worked on a system that always has issues with Asshat.

I still think this is gonna cost NI in the long run.  Oh sure we'll buy Komplete more so because of the Kontakt upgrade and the numerous other stuff we forget exists.

I just find it odd they have issues with their distribution app.  If Waves got theirs right why can't NI?

The trend is developers are spending more time on their apps than their products.   How many of us spend time just updating them?

The trend in software development is getting worse and bloated.

Part of the problem is the eye candy movement.   To me the highest mark of idiocy is Windows 11.  If you want to lose users always start with messing with the GUI and never test it with real people. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Well, it not only works for me on Win 11, it fixes an issue I had with several of my expansions not showing in the Maschine 2 browser.  Fully agree however, that NI has been VERY slow to address many issues with their software that users have been complaining about for a long time.

3.12.1 - 2024-07-05

FIXED

Fixed an issue where the application did not start on some Windows system

3.12.0 - 2024-07-04

July 4, 2024 - Contains NTK Daemon 1.19.0

This is the first of many lightweight crash and bugfix patches that we’re shipping out to users. This specific release was focused around the startup and activation issues that users were facing, as well as an incomplete product list showing up in Native Access for many users. We’re also shipping some quality of life updates, and are hard at work internally to make sure issues like these don’t slip by unnoticed and untested again.

Our next release will be releasing shortly as well. We have completed the Locate All feature and will be shipping that in 3.13.0. But we will also be deprecating support for MacOS 11, so please update your systems now if you want to get access to new products + update your NA.

FIXED

Addressed an issue that caused uninstallations through Native Access to instead become broken. For affected products, one reinstall should resolve the issue.

Addressed an issue where products were missing from a user’s Native Access client

Addressed an issue where users would be permanently stuck on Loading Products

Fixed an issue that caused excessively long Loading Products times. More work will be done.

Patched the broken Knowledge Base article in the Add Serial’s Success modal

Edited by Brian Lawler
Added changelog
  • Like 3

Fixed an issue that caused excessively long Loading Products times. More work will be done.

I'll chalk that up to the nature of the beast.  It's a very large catalog.

I still prefer to use Kontakt 6 because it's easy on the eyes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

The trend is developers are spending more time on their apps than their products. 

The trend in software development is getting worse and bloated.

Part of the problem is the eye candy movement.

True, true, and true.

Just a quick question, can you have both Kontakt 6 and 7 installed at the same time, after having a quick look I'm thinking no, but you never know, there may be some round about way?

I'm new to the whole Komplete thing, I don't know why I bothered to updat from 13 Std to 14 Std, apart from a quick look at Kontakt after I installed everything, I never touched any of it again.

Whats even more puzzling is that I have a strong disliking for NI ever since the sh!t house that was Guitar Rig 3, and 4, and 5, and 6, and I guess 7 wont break the chain, and not really much of a synthy type person, but there you go.

2 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

Just a quick question, can you have both Kontakt 6 and 7 installed at the same time, after having a quick look I'm thinking no, but you never know, there may be some round about way?

I'm new to the whole Komplete thing, I don't know why I bothered to updat from 13 Std to 14 Std, apart from a quick look at Kontakt after I installed everything, I never touched any of it again.

Whats even more puzzling is that I have a strong disliking for NI ever since the sh!t house that was Guitar Rig 3, and 4, and 5, and 6, and I guess 7 wont break the chain, and not really much of a synthy type person, but there you go.

Yes you can have both installed at the same time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Heath Row said:

I have 5, 6 and 7 installed. I'm covered for any project that opens any of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, Heath Row said:

One caveat, and someone correct me if I am wrong (or it does not always apply):  When I did a batch resave of a K5 or K6 library in K7, it could no longer be loaded in K5 or K6- you get an error message.  I was following old advice on batch saving everything for faster loading, but don't do it if you have projects using older Kontakt versions that you want to open again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

One caveat, and someone correct me if I am wrong (or it does not always apply):  When I did a batch resave of a K5 or K6 library in K7, it could no longer be loaded in K5 or K6- you get an error message.  I was following old advice on batch saving everything for faster loading, but don't do it if you have projects using older Kontakt versions that you want to open again.

This has been ever true! So you have to do the batch resave always with the oldest version that you will that works! In your case do it with K5, then it works in K5-K7 without issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

In addition to the batch resave tip, I find that even though I have Kontakt 6 installed on my machine for past projects I did with it as well as the latest version of Kontakt 7, when I open up those old projects, a lot of the time (and I'll have as many as 30 tracks with Kontakt libraries) at least a couple of Kontakt libraries will have been updated for Kontakt 7 with new functionality or scripting (especially NI libraries,  like Noire) and no longer work with 6. So I have to reload the libraries into Kontakt 7 and try to figure out what preset I used and how I might have tweaked that preset for the song/mix. 

Seeing this happen more and more in the past year,   I've started creating user presets for specific songs -- even if I've only slightly tweaked a factory preset -- in case a future update leads to the same issue. 

Just launch NA and it auto updated to 3.12.10, but now NA will not launch at all.  I have reinstalled, uninstalled, restarted computer..... nothing works.  

Just purchased OTS Evolution Complete, but can't install libraries.

Task manager shows that NA starts for a couple seconds and then disapears.  I get a blue circle spinning for a couple of seconds and then nothing.  i have run as administer, but no help.

Luckily I  tried this first on my secondary Computer, and have not tried to open/update NA on my main computer.  I'm afraid to launch it and for it to lock up NA on my main computer.

11 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

Task manager shows that NA starts for a couple seconds and then disapears.  I get a blue circle spinning for a couple of seconds and then nothing.  i have run as administer, but no help.

Have you updated your Vdist runtimes? 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-au/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 

I am assuming your “NTKDaemonService” service is running.