NEW Spitfire Audio LABS App

Larry Shelby

I guess this is the new version of the plugin that many people are very dissatisfied with? I saw many complaints on other forums.

So, before installing, I would check out if there's any personal need to just get a newer version.

I haven't updated the plugin, because the old and trusted version does the job perfectly already. :)

• Like 2

Anyone else having issue logging on to their Spitfire account?

I can't even do a password reset.   I get the dreaded red text "There was a problem while submitting your request."

Yes, I have flicked an support ticket to Spitfire.

7 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Anyone else having issue logging on to their Spitfire account?

I can't even do a password reset.   I get the dreaded red text "There was a problem while submitting your request."

Yes, I have flicked an support ticket to Spitfire.

Same!  Can't log in on the app or on the website and can't get a password reset

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Same!  Can't log in on the app or on the website and can't get a password reset

Glad it's not just me.....  looks like Spitfire are going to be busy....

Damn annoying though.....

I just tried a Spitfire product in Cakewalk - at least those still work....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do NOT install this if you're happy with the current version.  This will overwrite the previous file.  I tried the beta for a few days and went back to the old version while they still offered it.  Not sure you can even go back at this point.

I'm a very visual person (and a graphic designer) and this new version looks absolutely awful in my opinion.  It looks nothing like the rest of the Spitfire catalog.  Classy and sophisticated it is not.   Sure, the functionality is similar (but even worse early in the beta) but it just looks like amateur-hour and makes it really hard to get inspired by using it.  Just awful.  

It's actually a shame.  I'm not against subscriptions and I had initially thought I might get it for a while. but after using it, not a chance.  

Edited by Release
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Release said:

Do NOT install this if you're happy with the current version.  This will overwrite the previous file.  I tried the beta for a few days and went back to the old version while they still offered it.  Not sure you can even go back at this point.

I'm a very visual person (and a graphic designer) and this new version looks absolutely awful in my opinion.  It looks nothing like the rest of the Spitfire catalog.  Classy and sophisticated it is not.   Sure, the functionality is similar (but even worse early in the beta) but it just looks like amateur-hour and makes it really hard to get inspired by using it.  Just awful.  

It's actually a shame.  I'm not against subscriptions and I had initially thought I might get it for a while. but after using it, not a chance.  

Thanks for the info. I was curious when I saw the Firewood Piano on the page of libraries, as I own a license for the Originals library and couldn't figure out if they're including a full version of the Originals library (and other Originals libraries) or a cut down version. It does appear that what they're doing is a bit half baked. While they're large for this industry,  they're still a small business,  so we can't always expect great strategy or even UX design.

While it costs a little more. I think EastWest and Musio  offer far superior libraries as part of their subscriptions (I'm not knocking Spitfire libraries,  which are excellent; Im just referring to what they're including for this subscription). If I were considering a sample library collection subscription,  Composer Cloud+ and Musio would be the front runners for me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat