Freezr by Audiomodern 50% off ($14.99 was $29.00) at APD

GTsongwriter

https://audioplugin.deals/product/freezr-by-audiomodern/

I do enjoy thier free panflow and gatelab plugins, and was thinking of buying this one, but I don't create electronic music and none of the YouTube creators create non-eletronic music.  I want to hear what it sounds like on acoustic instruments and pop, rock, country vocals singing songs with long lyrics.

Does anyone have any non-edm, acoustic guitar, country / rock / pop vocals, electric guitar, .... Nothing electronic instruments that they have a sample video or audio of using this on that I can listen or watch?  Much Thanks!

• Like 2

The price was so low, I went ahead to buy it. Tested it today, found a bug that crashes it. I’ll report it to them and hope they fix it.  To replicate the bug, just click above the shaded box that you draw.  Some reason it crashes it for me.

Posted (edited)

If it helps anyone, I asked the AI Claude 3.5 Sonnet to look at the complete list of plugins I have, find the ones similar to Freezr, and then compare them to this product. This is what it said:

"I'll analyze Audiomodern Freezr and compare it to your existing plugins that have similar functionality. First, let's look at what Freezr does:

Audiomodern Freezr is a creative audio effect plugin that allows users to freeze, loop, and manipulate audio in real-time. Its main features include:

Freezing audio at specific points

Creating stutter effects

Looping sections of audio

Pitch shifting frozen audio

Filtering and modulation options

Randomization features

Now, let's identify plugins from your list that have similar functionality:

Audio Damage: Replicant 2

Baby Audio: Magic Dice

Cableguys: ShaperBox 3 (specifically the Time module)

Eventide: H3000 Factory Mk II, H910 Harmonizer, H949 Harmonizer

Freakshow Industries: MISHBY, PocketDimension

izotope: Stutter Edit 2

Melda Productions: MSpectralDelay

Unfiltered Audio: Sandman Pro, Instant Delay

Sugar Bytes: Effectrix

Let's compare these plugins to Freezr:

Audio Damage Replicant 2: Offers similar stutter and glitch effects, but with a focus on rhythmic sequencing. It doesn't have the same freezing capabilities as Freezr.

Baby Audio Magic Dice: Provides randomized effects, including some stutter-like features, but lacks the specific freezing and looping functionality of Freezr.

Cableguys ShaperBox 3 (Time module): Offers advanced time manipulation effects, including stutter and loop features. It's more comprehensive than Freezr but may be more complex to use.

Eventide H3000 Factory Mk II, H910, and H949 Harmonizers: These are more focused on pitch shifting and delay effects. While they can create some similar sounds, they don't have the specific freezing and looping features of Freezr.

Freakshow Industries MISHBY and PocketDimension: These offer glitch and time-based effects, but with a different approach and interface. They may achieve similar results but don't have the same workflow as Freezr.

iZotope Stutter Edit 2: This is perhaps the closest match to Freezr. It offers advanced stutter, freeze, and effect sequencing capabilities. It's more feature-rich than Freezr but may also be more complex to use.

Melda Productions MSpectralDelay: While it can create some similar effects, it's more focused on spectral processing and doesn't have the same freezing capabilities as Freezr.

Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro and Instant Delay: These are primarily delay plugins with some freezing and looping capabilities, but they're not as focused on the specific functionality that Freezr offers.

Sugar Bytes Effectrix: This is a multi-effect sequencer that can create stutter and glitch effects similar to Freezr, but with a different workflow and additional effect types.

Conclusion: While you have several plugins that can create similar effects to Freezr, none of them offer the exact same combination of features and ease of use. Stutter Edit 2 is probably the closest in terms of functionality, but it's more complex. Freezr might offer a simpler, more focused approach to freezing and looping audio. However, given the overlap with your existing plugins, whether it's worth $11 depends on how much you value its specific workflow and interface."

Edited by Per Christian Frankplads
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Per Christian Frankplads said:

If it helps anyone, I asked the AI Claude 3.5 Sonnet to look at the complete list of plugins I have, find the ones similar to Freezr, and then compare them to this product. This is what it said:

"I'll analyze Audiomodern Freezr and compare it to your existing plugins that have similar functionality. First, let's look at what Freezr does:

Audiomodern Freezr is a creative audio effect plugin that allows users to freeze, loop, and manipulate audio in real-time. Its main features include:

Freezing audio at specific points

Creating stutter effects

Looping sections of audio

Pitch shifting frozen audio

Filtering and modulation options

Randomization features

Now, let's identify plugins from your list that have similar functionality:

Audio Damage: Replicant 2

Baby Audio: Magic Dice

Cableguys: ShaperBox 3 (specifically the Time module)

Eventide: H3000 Factory Mk II, H910 Harmonizer, H949 Harmonizer

Freakshow Industries: MISHBY, PocketDimension

izotope: Stutter Edit 2

Melda Productions: MSpectralDelay

Unfiltered Audio: Sandman Pro, Instant Delay

Sugar Bytes: Effectrix

Let's compare these plugins to Freezr:

Audio Damage Replicant 2: Offers similar stutter and glitch effects, but with a focus on rhythmic sequencing. It doesn't have the same freezing capabilities as Freezr.

Baby Audio Magic Dice: Provides randomized effects, including some stutter-like features, but lacks the specific freezing and looping functionality of Freezr.

Cableguys ShaperBox 3 (Time module): Offers advanced time manipulation effects, including stutter and loop features. It's more comprehensive than Freezr but may be more complex to use.

Eventide H3000 Factory Mk II, H910, and H949 Harmonizers: These are more focused on pitch shifting and delay effects. While they can create some similar sounds, they don't have the specific freezing and looping features of Freezr.

Freakshow Industries MISHBY and PocketDimension: These offer glitch and time-based effects, but with a different approach and interface. They may achieve similar results but don't have the same workflow as Freezr.

iZotope Stutter Edit 2: This is perhaps the closest match to Freezr. It offers advanced stutter, freeze, and effect sequencing capabilities. It's more feature-rich than Freezr but may also be more complex to use.

Melda Productions MSpectralDelay: While it can create some similar effects, it's more focused on spectral processing and doesn't have the same freezing capabilities as Freezr.

Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro and Instant Delay: These are primarily delay plugins with some freezing and looping capabilities, but they're not as focused on the specific functionality that Freezr offers.

Sugar Bytes Effectrix: This is a multi-effect sequencer that can create stutter and glitch effects similar to Freezr, but with a different workflow and additional effect types.

Conclusion: While you have several plugins that can create similar effects to Freezr, none of them offer the exact same combination of features and ease of use. Stutter Edit 2 is probably the closest in terms of functionality, but it's more complex. Freezr might offer a simpler, more focused approach to freezing and looping audio. However, given the overlap with your existing plugins, whether it's worth $11 depends on how much you value its specific workflow and interface."

Stutter Edit 2 is complete trash.  It wasn't worth the $10 I bought it for, let alone anyone pay the list price of $199!

I own Shaperbox 3 and I can't replicate what Freezr can do.  As I did try to use my Shaperbox to replicate it before buying with no success!  Maybe a Shaperbox professional could do it, but I'm a novice and mainly bought Shaperbox for it's compression and ReverbShaper.  ReverbShaper is the only reverb tool you'll ever need!  I can create any reverb effect using it and import my own IRs!

I don't touch anything that Baby Audio produces because it failed Microsoft verification.

I gotten a few plugins from Melda Productions, but hardly ever use them.  Maybe the Mutility for a track I need to turn from stereo to mono as a quick test, but that's all.  52 plugins I own of theirs and don't use any for actual production of music.

The other companies I have no interest. 

There's my 2 cents.

• Like 1