Steinberg - HALion 50% off

Frank

I feel sure that when I looked at Halion 7 full  the other day it didn't have additional discount for competitive crossgrades (falcon / omni / kontakt / komplete) and today it does, with an additional 29% off for me (£106 inc VAT vs £148.50 without)

• Like 1

Halion/Sonic is a great synth, but last version has issues with GM, and there was just simply not enough to justify upgrade. I did use it for trial period. I will stick with 6 for now until/if they fix GM. When they do, I will upgrade.

If you are looking for acoustic virtual instruments (pianos, guitars, winds etc,) it falls short and to my ear sounds dated. The strongest are probably electro keys, synths, arps, classic Yamaha sounds, some ethnic material. It's super easy and fun to layer and mix synths within the plugin.

I feel they could have done much (Much!) more in areas of  UI and workflow in 6+ years from Halion 6.

If you don't have 6 and have no use for GM, it's a very powerful synth that I would personally recommend. If you have 6... Well, choice is yours. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

Im holding out for Absolute 6 at the $230 price.  Both April 2022 and 2023 had that sale. Hoping we’ll see it soon again in 2024 as haven’t seen it yet.

Me too. Although it's probably almost worth waiting for Absolute 7 at this point. Their upgrade cycles are merciless. 

5 hours ago, kevin H said:

Im holding out for Absolute 6 at the $230 price.  Both April 2022 and 2023 had that sale. Hoping we’ll see it soon again in 2024 as haven’t seen it yet.

Interesting ?  My upgrade from Halion 6 to 7 is £42.50 (inc VAT) which I was planning to do, but now you have me thinking I should wait for the Absolute 6 sale (or maybe it will be Absolute 7 if they launch that soon). 

The question is whether buying the Halion 7 upgrade now  would reduce the Absolute 6/7 crossgrade price more than the cost of the current Halion 7 upgrade, or will it have no effect in which case I will also wait for the Absolute sale.

• 3 weeks later...

I so LOVE Cubase 13 Pro, but felt burned after buying the full version of Groove Agent 5.

It's so small on a 24" 1080p monitor. Felt like I needed glasses to use. So I never did.

Is Halion 7 the same?
Dom's video looks like he zooms-in the video, rather than zooms the interface.

Can the Halion fonts be resized without affecting Cubase?