Ozone Elements FREE at Sweetwater

cclarry

A heads up, after you place your order for a free copy of Ozone Elements 11, expect an awkward call from a Sweetwater sales associate. "Hi this is ____ from Sweetwater, How are you doing today? What will you be using your Ozone elements for? What genre are you working in? We are here to help with your musical and technical needs, etc......"

Edited by Scott H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Scott H said:

A heads up, after you place your order for a free copy of Ozone Elements 11, expect an awkward call from a Sweetwater sales associate. "Hi this is ____ from Sweetwater, How are you doing today? What will you be using your Ozone elements for? What genre are you working in? We are here to help with your musical and technical needs, etc......"

I always give fake numbers on forms....

• Great Idea 2

3 hours ago, Scott H said:

Okay, I'm publicly sharing my tip that I only focus on unsolicited telemarketers-- because I'm on the do not call list (a list that means marketers can't call unless you gave your express permission in advance)  it's both effective for getting rid of telemarketers and making my family laugh. This is only a tip for Americans. 

I pick up the phone and do the worst Italian accent possible with maximum comedic value -- I basically channel Adam Sandler's Opera Man -- and say, "Ciao!" I repeat it a bunch of times and it's been extremely effective at getting telemarketers to hang up. The accent is so ridiculous that you think,  this guy is faking it, but I commit to it completely and never back down. They assume that I can't speak English and hang up.  100 percent of the time. 

Now I recommend doing it with a language from your own ethnic background. I'm part Italian, so I choose that background for a laugh and it's somewhat influenced by my great grandfather (from Italy), but also Father Sarduchi, Adam Sandler,  and Mario (of Mario and Luigi). 

You're welcome. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scott H said:

Okay, I'm publicly sharing my tip that I only focus on unsolicited telemarketers-- because I'm on the do not call list (a list that means marketers can't call unless you gave your express permission in advance)  it's both effective for getting rid of telemarketers and making my family laugh. This is only a tip for Americans. 

I pick up the phone and do the least convincing Italian accent possible -- I basically channel Adam Sandler's Opera Man -- and say, "Ciao!" I repeat it a bunch of times and it's been extremely effective at getting telemarketers to hang up. As they assume that I can't speak English.  

Now I recommend doing it with a language from your own ethnic background (it would be more offensive to pick a background  that isn't you're  own, and we're only aiming for semi offensive here). I'm part Italian and my real name is very Italian, so an Italian accent makes sense when a solicitor sees my name and the accent is somewhat influenced by my great grandfather *(from Italy), but also Father Sarduchi, Adam Sandler,  and Mario (of Mario and Luigi).  If your name is, say, Irish,  it probably won't be as effective to speak Italian; I'd recommend Gaelic. And stick to the language-- commit to it. You don't engage in lying or giving out fake phone numbers-- you can avoid violating the 10 commandments and entertain your family and friends in the process (again,  I only use this on unsolicited telemarketers,  but you can do as you like). 

Your welcome. :)

Edited by PavlovsCat

32 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I pick up the phone and do the worst possible Italian accent possible -- I basically channel Adam Sandler's Opera Man -- and say, "Ciao!" I repeat it a bunch of times and it's been extremely effective at getting telemarketers to hang up. As they assume that I can't speak English.  

Now I recommend doing it with a language from your own ethnic background (it would be more offensive to pick a background  that isn't you're  on, and we're only aiming for semi offensive here). I'm part Italian and my real name is very Italian, so an Italian accent makes sense when a solicitor sees my name and the accent is somewhat influenced by my great grandfather *(from Italy), but also Father Sarduchi, Adam Sandler,  and Mario (of Mario and Luigi).  If your name is, say, Irish,  it probably won't be as effective to speak Italian; I'd recommend Gaelic. And stick to the language-- commit to it. You don't engage in lying or giving out fake phone numbers-- you can avoid violatong the 10 commandments and entertain your family and friends in the process (again,  I only use this on unsolicited telemarketers,  but you can do as you like). 

Your welcome. :)

With my luck, I'd get the one telemarketer in 10 million that speaks German. Probably better than I do.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, henkejs said:

With my luck, I'd get the one telemarketer in 10 million that speaks German. Probably better than I do.

I've never gotten one that speaks Italian yet. And once, just to keep my kids laughing, I responded to the telemarketer in Spanish instead of Italian. He didn't question it and hung up on me.