Waves Audio Metafilter FREE

satya

I'm not sure if this is a sweepstake or a definite giveaway.

The terms include verbiage that says (emphasis added): "To be in with a chance to win this giveaway, simply complete the form below and cross your fingers!"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, locrian said:

The terms include verbiage that says (emphasis added): "To be in with a chance to win this giveaway, simply complete the form below and cross your fingers!"

This confused me at first, too.  I just re-read it and it still strikes me as ambiguous.  Maybe they have an unstated limit of licenses to give away. 

2.  The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and will be notified within 14 days of winning via email or phone.

Note (above): singular - winner.

10. Winners will be posted on KVRaudio.com

Note (above): plural - winners. 

I hope you didn't say you understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions.  As written I don't see how anyone can answer that honestly.  ? 

Edited by User 905133
(2) added quotes from the "Giveaway" (1) clarification
  • Great Idea 1

29 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I hope you didn't say you understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions.  As written I don't see how anyone can answer that honestly.  ? 

Agreed!

What's more confusing is the text that starts the terms which makes it seem like a definite giveaway to all who sign-up:

"For one week only, grab a free plugin from Waves with KVR Audio. Enter the giveaway and receive a free copy of Metafilter."

23 minutes ago, locrian said:

Agreed!

What's more confusing is the text that starts the terms which makes it seem like a definite giveaway to all who sign-up:

"For one week only, grab a free plugin from Waves with KVR Audio. Enter the giveaway and receive a free copy of Metafilter."

EDIT:  I just received (and successfully activated) my license code.  So either I was the lucky winner, or it really is a giveaway to all.

Between you and me, I think it's intended to be a promotion to build customer lists (Waves and KVR) by giving away licenses to many people, but in posting the "Giveaway" rules, someone messed up.  Or maybe they intended to mess up.

Seriously, maybe there will be one winner who will be selected at random  to get an Everything Bundle from Waves and everyone else who enters gets a MetaFilter license (as long as they don't try to game the system with multiple entries.

2 minutes ago, locrian said:

EDIT:  I just received (and successfully activated) my license code.  So either I was the lucky winner, or it really is a giveaway to all.

Hmmmmmmm.  Either way, congratulations!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Between you and me, I think it's intended to be a promotion to build customer lists (Waves and KVR) by giving away licenses to many people, but in posting the "Giveaway" rules, someone messed up.  Or maybe they intended to mess up.

Right.  There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, locrian said:

I'm guessing they  originally had the confusing copy you quoted and revised it to the current version,  which is much clearer: 

So for anyone reading this, it's definitely a giveaway for a free Waves plugin. Register and you'll get it. Like just about all freebies you register for, they're doing this to build a list so they can sell things to you in the future. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Posted (edited)

I think I see what KVR does: unlike website partnership based freebies I have received from Waves, KVR generates a zero-cost order/invoice more like perks from third-party vendors. 

FWIW, the link above still contains "To be in with a chance to win this giveaway, simply complete the form below and cross your fingers!"

BTW, where the page says "IMPORTANT - Serial numbers need to be activated here before July 10th, 9am EST" they want the "Voucher / Code for redemption on other website." In other words, the Code from the KVR Invoice needs to be used on the Waves "activated here" page.

However, that doesn't activate the plug-in. I had to download the latest Waves Central Software (15.0.2) where I can choose to activate it if I want.

I have some questions which some of you who are experienced with Waves' ecosystem might be able to help with.  I have some V 13 and V14 plug-ins. This one from the GIveaway is my only V 15 plug-in. If I activate it, (1) will it mess up my ability to use the V 13 and V 14 plug-ins, (2) will it require me/obligate me to update the older plug-ins to V 15, and (3) will it require me/obligate me to purchase an infamous Waves Update Plan?  **

I am starting to see why some people talk about WUP in the forum.

**UPDATE:  I found some of the answers from the WUP FAQS. (See next post.)

Edited by User 905133
To add an update based on new info from the WUP FAQs
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

I have some questions which some of you who are experienced with Waves' ecosystem might be able to help with.  I have some V 13 and V14 plug-ins. This one from the GIveaway is my only V 15 plug-in. If I activate it, (1) will it mess up my ability to use the V 13 and V 14 plug-ins, (2) will it require me/obligate me to update the older plug-ins to V 15, and (3) will it require me/obligate me to purchase an infamous Waves Update Plan?

I found some of the answers from the WUP FAQS:

• Do I have to renew my Waves Update Plan?
    • Whether you renew is up to you. If you wish to use your Waves product in the version you already own—without updating—you can continue to do so, as long as that version remains compatible with your DAW and computer operating system.
    • Please note, however, that after your Waves Update Plan for a given product expires, you will be able to use only one license of that product, on one computer at a time; you will no longer be able to use a second license on a different computer simultaneously.
  • Will my licenses continue to work even after my Waves Update Plan expires?
    • Yes, the Waves license version you purchased will continue to work, as long as your DAW version and computer operating system remain compatible with it. When you purchase a perpetual Waves license you get a permanent authorization for the version you purchased.   
    • You will need to update, however, if you wish to get a newer, updated version of the Waves product you purchased.   
    • Please note that after your Waves Update Plan for a given product expires, you will be able to use only one license of that Waves product, on one computer at a time; you will no longer be able to use a second license on a different computer simultaneously.