APD Deal: Free Gift for July - Amber for Kontakt Retail by SwishSwoosh

cclarry

That library is usually Kontakt Player. Did they really make a non-Player version just for this or is this some odd mistake?

edit: seems to be an old version of the library that’s indeed Kontakt full. No idea if there’s other differences.

Edited by jngnz
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jngnz said:

That library is usually Kontakt Player. Did they really make a non-Player version just for this or is this some odd mistake?

edit: seems to be an old version of the library that’s indeed Kontakt full. No idea if there’s other differences.

It's just a guess as to why the developer didn't release this as a Player library, but it is very possible...
When developers license the Kontakt Player, they negotiate a per license price based on their sale price. If they later decide to give away a bunch of licenses for free (not NFRs), they'd have to pay NI for those or negotiate again (as opposed to when they start upfront with a free library for the Player, NI gives them an extremely low price up front -- we're talking pocket change; I can't disclose what various developers have told me, but it's peanuts).  So, this developer may have wanted to take the easiest route and just remove the Player aspect and distribute the files -- that's all it is without the Player, no licensing involved -- for this giveaway. Of course, there's nothing in the way of anti-piracy measures, but I'm sure the developer just wants to get the business's name out there to build awareness and was willing to accept that in order to promote his business. 

Edited by PavlovsCat