Why this awkward roll out of Cakewalk Sonar ?

On 7/2/2024 at 4:53 PM, GreenLight said:

And either I've missed something, or the official communication here on the forums has been a bit sparse as well. And there's no new "Sonar" section under Cakewalk Products...?

Whoa, just one day after I wrote the above, a new Sonar forum section was indeed created, see below...

?

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 5:50 PM, GreenLight said:

Whoa, just one day after I wrote the above, a new Sonar forum section was indeed created, see below...

?

Glad you posted this.  I just visited that forum and it already has some useful information.  Beyond that, if you use CbB to produce your own music for distribution to streaming services the Bandlab membership includes that service.  The Bandlab membership fee is about the same amount that I pay Distrokid for that service so that makes it pretty much a wash financially.  Plus, if the submission process for distribution is tied nicely into the production tool there may well be a benefit there, at least in terms of efficiency.  I'm not sure how that might work if you are producing other artists music as I seldom do that other than for demos. Still, that may be worth investigating.

Edited by Ron Caird
Correct a typo
  • Like 1