iPad Plugins (not a deal)

mibby

Not quite sure if you're referring to exporting audio files from Mobile iOS DAW and then opening in your Mac/PC DAW... or, if you're trying to transfer your own local audio from your computer to an iOS DAW.

But, in general...

It depends on the app you're using.  With some apps, you need to transfer the audio assets by connecting to your computer via USB using the iTunes desktop app.  

Other apps have cloud options.  For example, with Ableton Note, you can use Ableton Link.

What app are you using?

IPad to Studio One on Windows. I managed years ago and it a royal pita. Iirc, I had to export the AU files to a Mac first, then convert them to a format Windows could handle before importing them to my DAW.

Way too much trouble to do it again, but I liked the string part. I think it was just Garage Band on an iPad 1. 🙂

I am curious if things have changed since I first tried it. Like maybe Apple made it easier to get at the audio/midi files. 🤣

Edited by mibby

I don't use GarageBand anymore either. But the trick was to get the files off the iPad in the first place.  Does Audacity run on the iPad? 

I am really just curious, because there are some Devs that have iPad plugins. So I'm wondering who uses them and how?

16 hours ago, mibby said:

I'm curious if anyone actually uses an iPad for music production, and if you do, how do you get your audio files into your DAW of choice?

I m heavy ipad now on 6 th 2016 generation music user - most time for granular synths - as Hilda, Spacecraft, Borderlands,FRMS and bambilion others. Other using as Grooveboxes - Grooverider 16 - which is korg electribe 2 in software form with many new futures, this is not korg official but milion times better.

Other super grooveboxes are : Korg Electribe Wave, IElectribe - which is 1:1 replica hw groovebox korg ER-1 mk 2 i had in past twice these one :-),  Drambo - which is daw too, KORG Gadget which is daw too - but is closed most to korg aps gadgets, Drumcomputer from sugar bytes + Egoist - both perfect for touch. As Daw - to use all together i use - for live play - rec etc AUM ap - no other can replace this one, before thera were audiobus. Others Ipad gems are - for sample : SAMPLR, Paterning 1,2, now 3 i dont have 3. version. Apesoft Aps like Idensity granular etc.  Milion Synths : Animog Z, Model D, Model 15 modular from moog. Ipad is offcourse very travel friendly and aps cost little and you dont need all :)

Nice evening :)

/ for me ipad is best for groovebox and absolutly winner and killer  for Granular Synths ! /  and big bonus - you can play heartstone on it, or xcom 🙂

Edited by Kreveta Puket

3 hours ago, mibby said:

@Kreveta Puket  But how do you get your music data off the iPad and into a DAW?

i record ipad via soundcard with camera conection kit, soundcard / for ipad i have audiohub novation with 3 usb in or steinberg ur 44 - go to anaolog mix allen heat  and i reccording here, I have too icconect midi , with transfer audio and midi on both sides from ipad to pc in vice versa

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Thanks 1