IK Question (not a deal)

Plumbee

Just now, Plumbee said:

With Max 5 seemingly around the corner, should I wait, or pull the trigger now. I can get it for $140 with jam points. Do sales this good happen after a major release?

I also already bought T-Racks for the $49, and it seems sales are final, so no way around that...

Upgrade price would be the determining factor.  Chances are that 5 will probably be $599 (or more) with
upgrades around $299 (or more).  So $299 - Jampoints (about $200) + $140 is less than buying outright, but with IK
"everything" is a crap shoot!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Plumbee said:

Sounds like I'd need to wait till they had sale prices before 6 release then. Now may be the time. Much thanks for your inhumanly response time @cclarry , super appreciated 👍

The sale price right now is probably as good as it's going to get on 4, so buying that would put you in position to
be eligible for the Max to Max Upgrade when 5 is released

• Like 2

I don't own max now, and can get the max upgrade price, without any additional discounts for owning t-racks max, or any discounts for a few of my amplitude add-ons, or Syntronik synths I own. Definitely weird pricing.

Edited by Plumbee

31 minutes ago, Plumbee said:

I don't own max now, and can get the max upgrade price, without any additional discounts for owning t-racks max, or any discounts for a few of my amplitude add-ons, or Syntronik synths I own. Definitely weird pricing.

Any other things to note. I really like the sound of t-racks. Are they stable on mac? I've had some issues with Sampletank, and now save often when using it.

T-Racks Max is currently $41.99 with code GROUP at JRR
https://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-t-racks-5-max
and that's what I thought you meant when you said you had already bought T-Racks.
T-Racks Max will get you a better price on the TS Max 5 upgrade when released, and Total Studio 4 Max is an 
even better price

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I already bought T-Racks Max for $42.99 with jampoints last week, (wish I had seen the JRR price). The price for max for was $199.99 before and after buying T-Racks. Though that might change when the new max 5 is released, is how it sounds?

I'd feel better if I could get a refund for T-Racks max, then buy max 4. Though their invoice stated sales were final. The sale ends July 1, and I don't believe I'll get a response from their support in time. I'll probably go ahead and get max anyway. Still a good price.

Edited by Plumbee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Plumbee said:

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I already bought T-Racks Max for $42.99 with jampoints last week, (wish I had seen the JRR price). The price for max for was $199.99 before and after buying T-Racks. Though that might change when the new max 5 is released, is how it sounds?

I'd feel better if I could get a refund for T-Racks max, then buy max 4. Though their invoice stated sales were final. The sale ends July 1, and I don't believe I'll get a response from their support in time. I'll probably go ahead and get max anyway. Still a good price.

Sadly software is non-refundable.  TS 4 Max is $199.99 even for me...and I already own it.  Their upgrade pricing leaves a LOT
to be desired.  Their saving grace has been Group Buys.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I also neglected to mention that, if you already have T-Racks Max, that will qualify you for a slightly
higher priced upgrade as well when 5 is released

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

but with IK
"everything" is a crap shoot!

Always keep this in mind when trying to decide if you should upgrade now or later, with relation to IK.

• Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

If you need IK now and will actually use it to make music, buy it now.  If you are trying to game the system and have fun playing the pricing game, wait until Black Friday.

I agree with this post. Buy stuff you will use. Don't keep accumulating stuff on sale. I have had AT5 and ToneX for a while. Yes, I paid a little higher sale price than most of you will be paying now (I think it was $20 or so more) but I have been using them daily for years. I wasted a huge amount on great U-he synth but it sits there never getting used. That was a bad investment.