Walking up to your house (demo)

Paul Bush

Hi chaps , well Ive gone a bit off piste on this rough idea of a song , its been on the back burner for some time and I was unsure if it was really ``a keeper´´ or not  and should I pursue it further ?, so its still not finished , the main vocal (sometimes off key)halfway through was quickly recorded with a hand held mic  and then a roughly added solo guitar end s abruptly as i don't know what or where its going , that all said i think the story though often told is rather sweet and innocent , conjures up white picket fences a black 11 year old kid wearing a white shirt , shorts and his recently washed tennis shoes going to her house to meet her parents..its just young sweet love and being accepted into the fold . cheers guys all comments are welcome...

https://www.bandlab.com/track/54a8a0d3-f535-ef11-86c3-000d3a42581b?revId=53a8a0d3-f535-ef11-86c3-000d3a42581b

Rough lyrics

Walking up to your house, leave the city sweat behind, Walking up to your house baby, looking all around

Walking up to your house wipe the troubles off my feet, leave the grey stone worries back on the street ,

I Got a clean white shirt on and I`ve washed my Sneekers , I must have

smelt my breath a thousand times......, and it`s still not fine

Well I`ll be on my best behaviour , Goodie two shoes got nothing on me

I got my stories straight and proof of ID, If they ask me

Oh they`re gonna ask me …

bridge

Just a kid that’s a fallen in love doing the best he can

First impressions last much longer gonna pull my neck tie straight tonight

The door`s open and I walk right in , doesn’t matter about the colour of

my skin , I see the man and he´s shaking my hand , I see you , you see

me , I’m in love and I´m free

(Am)x2 (F) (E) …solo….

(Am) (Bm)

He takes the bus from the wrong side of town, and ended up in Peynton place

Walking home from your house, heart still skipping a beat

and now we`r all just sitting Around,

• Like 2

See .. now that's what I'm talking about ...Great start to this project and I love the guitar parts . looking forward to the finished version ( Without to much shine LOL ? )

Great stuff Paul

SteveSRM

• Like 1

I'm with Steve on this; you're off to a great start and just need to clean up a few things.  The topic is terrific, and I love your use of the horns! (I used to play trumpet in a horn band in high school)  Overall, very creative.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks , Steve, Lynn, Björn,and Nigel your comments , tips and encouragement really spurs me on , this song is a perfect example of how I sometimes write lyrics in pictures (in my minds eye) the whole song is a short film in my head so it makes it rather easy for me to write and enjoy, I really do like these musical visions when they  occur , so I´ll add a last verse clean up some mistakes and post it sometime this year,  it`s summer her in Austria so I don't have much time in the studio: cheers all  Paul

• Like 1