Sonar 8.5 Producer: Maximize The Synth Rack For Accessibility: How Would I Do That?

Annabelle

Hi, it's Annabelle.

Every time I try to access the Synth Rack in Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, I seem to get the message, "The prior synth is not on the current page. Please refresh the synth rack.". I do so by pressing F6, and once it refreshes the Synth Rack, the cycle starts all over again! This seems strange, because it especially happens when I have a bunch of synths in one project. It even happens when I only have a single synth instance in a project. Is there a keyboard shortcut to "show all synths"? In other words, all synths would be displayed on the screen, and can be navigated to using the up and down arrow keys and the page up and page down keys. The Home key would be used to go to the top of the Synth Rack, and the end key would be used to go to the bottom of the synth rack. This is very frustrating when a screenreader doesn't always do exactly what you want it to do!

30 minutes ago, Mr No Name said:

No, the individual channels, when you load a synth, try dragging the synth to load on a seperate channel of its own each time, 

Instead of loading via the synth rack.

Unfortunately I don't use a mouse. If that's what you're thinking of. I rely on keyboard shortcuts and a screenreader as I am sight challenged.

1 hour ago, Mr No Name said:

Oh ok, I wasn't aware of that.

Don't feel bad, though. A lot of people, especially computer professionals I talk to aren't aware of that until I tell them. Yet some of them still insist on talking that way when I've told them I'm sight challenged! What's up with that, I wonder?

• Like 1