Keep end of track events when trimming

quattj

I have a bunch of long MIDI files for my project that I then trim to length when I am done.  However, when I do this I lose controller events at the end of the track (CC 121, 123, 127) that I'd like to remain present without having to manually re-add them to every track of each song after I'm done trimming.

Is there an easy way to cut off the end of a song without losing this info?

39 minutes ago, quattj said:

I have a bunch of long MIDI files for my project that I then trim to length when I am done.  However, when I do this I lose controller events at the end of the track (CC 121, 123, 127) that I'd like to remain present without having to manually re-add them to every track of each song after I'm done trimming.

Is there an easy way to cut off the end of a song without losing this info?

Sounds like you are cutting of the songs at a point before the occurrence of these controller events.

Simply cut off the songs at a point after the occurrence of the absolute last MIDI event.  Go to end to determine this location (CTRL+END)

Yes, I am cutting them off before these events, which is why I am looking for a solution.  The files are generated from a utility with infinite looping, and I am using Cakewalk to trim and fade them after 2 loops, so in the process I lose those events.

Enable Ripple Edit Selection, select the region from the cutoff point up to the controllers that you want to keep (PRV or Event List will probably be easiest for this) and delete. Ripple edit will close the hole created by the delete, bringing the controllers back to the end of what you're keeping.