FL Studio 2024.1 released. Always a deal

ralfrobert

The FL cloud allows you to use UVI without a dongle. Only in FL studio...but still, that's interesting.

edit: I'm assuming they mean without ilok period, but I haven't confirmed that.

Edited by SmokeyJ628

13 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

I love lifetime free updates. And FL Cloud Plugins just gave me a serial for Ignition Keys.

These guys just keep on offering free updates and free new stuff.

Love the new welcome screen with the templates and chord progressions starter, and FL feels more snappy in Mac. ❤️

Edited by Tianzii
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Can't take this DAW seriously because I was using it when I was 12. Am I missing out?

That’s exactly why I’ve got it in the first place. :) 

I still wish to have a much smoother workflow like Ableton has, to copy-paste, select and save plugins and racks so I could reuse particular stuff from old projects, but other than this… FL is a great DAW.

My favorite feature is when I’m clicking on a sample in Browser and I’m replace the sample in the channel while playing/previewing the song. Couldn’t find anything like that in other DAWs, and this feature saves me a lot of time when producing a song.

Another feature is that I can load fxp presets the same way. No other DAW can do this as fast as FL. Ableton won’t even list fxp/fxb files in browser.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lee D said:

Give it a few weeks though before you judge because at first the workflow can be infuriating until you adjust

yup. i agree with this. it took me a few years of trying to get along with it before i finally got used to it. but for me, everything works. all my plugins. and i mostly make traditional genres of  music.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jngnz said:

Can't take this DAW seriously because I was using it when I was 12. Am I missing out?

Yes you are. It's not a DAW for everyone.  After having a license since version 7 and started with Sonar I still haven't adapted to the pattern style DAW.

There's not a single remotely convincing argument in here, but I just saw the producer edition for $90 and had to get it to see for myself.

edit: used on Knobcloud before anyone gets excited

Edited by jngnz
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jngnz said:

There's not a single remotely convincing argument in here, but I just saw the producer edition for $90 and had to get it to see for myself.

edit: used on Knobcloud before anyone gets excited

Perhaps you will like it. It's kind of fun for sketching out ideas. I don't use it for mixing jobs though. 

19 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Perhaps you will like it. It's kind of fun for sketching out ideas. I don't use it for mixing jobs though. 

I wouldn’t ever dare mixing with this, like I wouldn’t with Ableton or Bitwig. Mixing is for Cubase or Pro Tools, maybe Studio One.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I bought it on a whim some while ago.  I haven't really gotten into it yet. 

Who's got the best tutorials? 

There's plenty of them.  Their website might be the best bet.