On 6/26/2024 at 5:37 AM, Soundwise said:

This track was recorded in the 2021. My last work before tendinitis took over.

BandLab link

I've now listened to three of your tracks and this is my favorite.  Apparently we share a similar story with tendinitis. I spent 12 years playing drums semi professionally-- counted Jimmy Chamberlain among fans of my drumming-- until I had an injury and tendinitis ended my playing days. I can play drums for a max of 30 seconds before the pain starts, so I'm mostly using my fingers on keys and pads these days and can't play any instrument (I played piano,  organs, percussion, drums,  a little guitar and glockenspiel) long enough to play with other musicians,  so I record songs for as long as I  can play. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've now listened to three of your tracks and this is my favorite.  Apparently we share a similar story with tendinitis. I spent 12 years playing drums semi professionally-- counted Jimmy Chamberlain among fans of my drumming-- until I had an injury and tendinitis ended my playing days. I can play drums for a max of 30 seconds before the pain starts, so I'm mostly using my fingers on keys and pads these days and can't play any instrument (I played piano,  organs, percussion, drums,  a little guitar and glockenspiel) long enough to play with other musicians,  so I record songs for as long as I  can play. 

Thank you, Peter! At first, I didn't realize that I had tendinitis, until only 10 minutes of playing started causing pains for days. This is the last track, I managed to record despite the pain. That's why it's so short. My doctor told me, that I should try massage, but eventually I might need a surgery. I did try massage, but it didn't really help. Then I got desperate and started shaking my hand as wild as I could. Guess what! Something clicked and I felt a relief. It still did hurt, maybe slightly more than before, but somehow it felt that all those little bones in the wrist clicked into their places. Now I just have to be careful not to overwork my left wrist when playing my guitar.

I'm no doctor and have no clue how severe your injury is and what caused it, but hope you'll find my story at least inspiring.

And thanks for leaving this comment! Really appreciate your opinion, because I know that it is based on years of experience. 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Thank you, Peter! At first, I didn't realize that I had tendinitis, until only 10 minutes of playing started causing pains for days. This is the last track, I managed to record despite the pain. That's why it's so short. My doctor told me, that I should try massage, but eventually I might need a surgery. I did try massage, but it didn't really help. Then I got desperate and started shaking my hand as wild as I could. Guess what! Something clicked and I felt a relief. It still did hurt, maybe slightly more than before, but somehow it felt that all those little bones in the wrist clicked into their places. Now I just have to be careful not to overwork my left wrist when playing my guitar.

I'm no doctor and have no clue how severe your injury is and what caused it, but hope you'll find my story at least inspiring.

And thanks for leaving this comment! Really appreciate your opinion, because I know that it is based on years of experience. 😊

My son is in college now, partially inspired by my story, to become a physical therapist. And that's another TMI story from me! I told him that psychologically, when you have a really serious, life changing injury,  the psychological aspect is as significant as the physical. I stopped playing all together for a long time before trying to play again a few years ago. It's disappointing knowing that I can't play at a decent level, but I still appreciate playing at all.

So,  I want to encourage you too! Never stop!

• Thanks 1