Sharing your Bandlab masterpiece with other musicians...

I'm curious, I'd like to know how musicians/producers communicate their project ideas to other musicians nowadays using smartphones. I've had great success with cats that have desktops/laptops or Macs, but occasionally I have to deal with musicians that don't have any of these. All they have is a smartphone.  I usually just circumvent them and use other musicians. But, I think that's not a good idea.

With smartphones, sending a music file, is a hassle with some SMS due to file size. I've tried WhatsApp, but some cats are not that smartphone savvy or do not use it. What other simple, free ways are there to share a project music file via a smartphone?

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this question, but there are a lot of bedroom producers here such as myself who use Cakewalk and have tons of great music and great ideas. I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

6 hours ago, Dreamer said:

What other simple, free ways are there to share a project music file via a smartphone?

google drive

ms onedrive

apple icloud

web wetransfer, etc

lots of options

You could always use BandLab itself? 

Cakewalk can upload your ideas as a new BandLab project, and you can invite others to add to it if you want.  BandLab will run on most browsers, and also iPhone, iPad & Android devices.

Best of all, it's free.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I tried to set up albums on Bandlab, but I found that the upload of larger files nearly always failed, and that the retries often went back to the beginning, only to also fail at some different point. I would end up with multiple incomplete uploads for longer songs. Support were not able to fix the issue. I ended up just uploading to basic cloud services that are not as good, because they don't allow streaming, and are not tailored to albums per se, but at least the file transfers worked.

3 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

I had the idea of a cloud based DAW about 7 years ago, wish I would have patented it, could have been rich.

Don't feel too bad, AI is coming for all of our ideas anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Great idea. But yeah...AI? ☹️

I am an aficionado of the 70s, the golden years. Decade of the producers. AI may mean the end of it all. The beginning of the end of natural creativity.

Edited by Dreamer

On 6/29/2024 at 8:27 PM, msmcleod said:

You could always use BandLab itself? 

Cakewalk can upload your ideas as a new BandLab project, and you can invite others to add to it if you want.  BandLab will run on most browsers, and also iPhone, iPad & Android devices.

Best of all, it's free.

its a game changer! one of the BEST features for sure! I have turned so many people on to bandLab I might need a commission. LOL it’s a crime that more people don’t know about this.